Raptor Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
532 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am going to start the 660 r6 conversion. I am going to pick up quad to night. O ya it's a 2002 raptor660. I will be looking for a r6 to use in this project , suggestions welcome. Any little things y'all know I will need would help with build. I will be posting pics all the way.thanks and here I go, it's going to be FUN.

·
Super Moderator
17,063 Posts
Look for a bigger engine, maybe an R1. From what I have seen out in the sand the liter bikes are more impressive from a power/speed aspect and not really any more cumbersome.

·
Registered
532 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
;)Ok, it's been a while, but aim back. I have purchased a 2004 raptor frame, and a 2003 complete r1 with 1400 miles on it. I will be posting picks as soon as I figure out how. Any suggestions welcome. I will need lots of advice, but am looking forward to the challenge.;);)

·
Registered
532 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Does anyone run a inline fuel pump or must u go with the in tank pump?

·
Registered
532 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I have been working 14 hour days, but I will get started on this asap. It is killing me just sitting here. Lol

·
Registered
532 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
r1 donor

Attachments

·
Registered
532 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
the man cave

Attachments

·
Registered
532 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
raptor frame ... here we go!!!!!!

Attachments

·
Registered
532 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Got the r1 motor pulled tonight, wireing harness , cdi, ect.......every little bit ,just get me that much closer. Pics to follow.

·
Registered
532 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
2003 r1 in a 2004 raptor.

·
Registered
316 Posts
Hi
i take it thats the injected engine, i have heard thats its got a 5th injector, thats in the airbox????, if thats true how are you going to overcome this.
also can you take loads of pictures and comment on how you get on with the install as im about to start one in a couple of weeks hopefully:D

·
Registered
532 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
It is the throttle body engine, so i dont belive there is any injectors in the air box, but i check. I will take lots of pics, but if you are starting in a couple of weeks you will soon be further along than me. I work 80 to 90 hrs. A week, so my shop time is limited. I also have a wife and daughter that reguire most of my spare time. My eta on finishing is one year, i hope.

·
Registered
316 Posts
thanks for that, i have to get a donor bike first, so maybe a little longer,
i am hoping on a year too

·
Registered
532 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Paid 1200.00 for r1 with bent forks, i plan on listing a ton of parts on ebay, and plan to make most if not all of that back on parts iam not using. Money to be used in the build.

·
Registered
316 Posts
looks like at least 3 of us starting out with this conversion, it will be intresting the different approch people take, :D

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.