Raptor Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've spent days readong before posting. would like to know from the big 3 ( pipe, filter, and Power commander) I've decided to go with barker duals.. which power commander is the best to go with? can you tell me what is the difference between a EFI and a power commander? and what intake set up.. Thanks for your input.. want to buy right once..

·
Registered
749 Posts
dynojet power commander is a brand name of a fuel controller to adjust the EFI on the quad. i'd go with the new powercommander v with timing or the msd blaster. if you don't want to spend the extra money for the timing, then the basic power commander v would be good. if you buy one from one of the sponsors on here like TQS ATV, they can map your new pcv for your mods before it's shipped out.

and as for the intake, i'd go with the fci. again, if funds are an issue, i like my simple k&n pro flow set up. decent intake if you don't want to spend the extra cash on the fci

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Silly question but what are FCI's again. Isnt there just a fuel deal people use instead of Power commanders? and so the powercommander 5 is better than the 3..

·
Registered
153 Posts
Fci is an intake. Replaces your filter, intake tube, and you can choose with or w/out box. The pc5 is newer but does the same thing. If your tight on cash you usually can find a pc3 for a reasonable price

·
Registered
749 Posts
The FCI is a brand of type of intake.

Not sure what you mean by fuel deal people use other than power commanders, but the power commander is just a popular fuel controller people use when adding exhausts, intakes, etc. Some people use the Dobeck style controllers. Either way, you're going to need something to adjust the fuel when adding the barkers. The reason I chose the power commander is because I wanted it to come pre-mapped for my mods. Power commanders have more features and more tunability than a dobeck style, so that's where the price increase comes from.

The pc5 is only better than the 3 because its smaller and you have the ability to add the auto tune feature onto it. You can easily find nice used power commanders on this site. The newest pc5 comes with a timing feature....so when you read that people have the "dyntatek programmable ignition" you'll already have a feature like that with your new pc5. Hope this helps

1 - 7 of 7 Posts