Raptor Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have read so many things about the "bogg" what really works?

I got myself overwelmed with all the posts on different things to do and try. There are so many guys who say its normal and just have to live with it, thats not going to work for me.

If someone has found something that works please let me know what to do. Thanks

04 yfz 450
HMF slip on
168 main 48 pilot
NCQV YZ needle 4th clip
2 turns on a/f screw
open air box

·
Registered
675 Posts
Google R & D racing.They make a spring called the r&d power spring.Also,get a #35 leak jet straight from the yamaha dealer.If you have any questions,give me a shout.Doing these 2 things got rid of the bog on my 04 yfz450.Another thing you will want to look into is the oil mod on the 04's. Scott.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Google R & D racing.They make a spring called the r&d power spring.Also,get a #35 leak jet straight from the yamaha dealer.If you have any questions,give me a shout.Doing these 2 things got rid of the bog on my 04 yfz450.Another thing you will want to look into is the oil mod on the 04's. Scott.
Sounds good I saw a sticky on bending the spring but not actually replacing it. As for the leak jet, went to pull it while jetting it last week and it is stripped out, going to have fun getting that out. The pilot jet was stripped on me also finally got it out with easy out, those are in there tight?

Thanks for your info, and for the oil mod went ahead and had that done already. pulled the cover and the dealer by me did the mod for $100.

·
Registered
675 Posts
No problem. good luck getting that out.Yeah,i have heard of bending the spring also,but,I heard that after awhile it just goes back to original form.Scott.

·
Registered
74 Posts
i got 05 yfz and did the zip tie mod ties the accelerator pump to the throttle look on you tube lots of vids on there its very easy to do there is no bog at all in my yzf need anymore info let me know

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well think I got lucky so far. After a rejet, 35 leak jet, new [email protected] spring and a lot of frustration finally got rid of the bog!
I am really happy with the rejet it really woke this thing up. Thanks to the forum of course, couldnt have done it with out the help from you guys!

·
Registered
675 Posts
Well think I got lucky so far. After a rejet, 35 leak jet, new [email protected] spring and a lot of frustration finally got rid of the bog!
I am really happy with the rejet it really woke this thing up. Thanks to the forum of course, couldnt have done it with out the help from you guys!
No problem,glad you got it worked out.Scott.

·
Registered
238 Posts
Seems a little rich on pilot circuit, I'd prob run a 45 or put in the fuel screw to 1.5 turn..
And 3rd clip.
But if that's workin good so be it. Haha

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Ya your right, turned fuel screw in to about 1.5 just never updated the post. Was going to go down on the pilot but plug is nice and brown at the moment.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Fuel/air screw should be between 1-2 turns out, any more or less and you should change your pilot accordingly.

The ziptie mod works, but make sure its a durable zip tie.

As for the spring, there was a guy on ebay selling a "modified" spring for like $10 when I got mine. YFZcentral had all the info at the time. Its been a few years (3) so not sure if he's still around. Spring worked like a charm, and it was cheap enough to just buy it..

There's no reason to have to deal with the bog.. The YFZ is a motor thats a bit finicky, and I'll find with different temps / humidity / slight changes in elevation that I will have to go back and tweak my fuel/air screw a bit. Get yourself a Ziptie Fuel Screw (its the brand name, or another knock off brand works as well), you can adjust it externally then while the quad is running.. Just a 1/4 turn here or there and my bog is gone..

1 - 10 of 10 Posts