Raptor Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,488 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Once you take it to the dealer they charge you for anything and everything as possible. I needed a new starter and i was going away for the weekend so when i return it would be ready instead of letting it sit then returning and doing it myself. They called and said it was ready after 2 days of being home, i look at the papers and they charged me for the following:
New tail light, New parking brake, and new rear grab bar.

1. The tail light wasnt broke i took it off because i was working on the airbox.
2. I removed the parking brake on purpose.
3. I had a new grab bar shipping out this weekend.

Along with 2 gallons of gas when i had fresh gas in there, New Oil filter and oil. The Oil was replaced about 2 months ago.

Do they realise i wont ever come back? All i asked for was to get a new starter installed.

You guys have any dealer stories?

·
Registered
598 Posts
And you paid for it all?

Screw that I would have told them to shove it. And either they take all that junk off or I would have in the middle of the damn place

·
Registered
115 Posts
If they didn't get your permission to change those other items I wouldn't pay for them. Talk to the manager of the store.

·
Premium Member
5,195 Posts
Never good to take a bike to a dealer... they're simple enough any personal cycle shop can work on these things. Also changing the starter is no longer than 5 minutes to change, 2 bolts and a nut. But I've also had my share of bad dealers

·
Registered
1,488 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
No i would never pay for it i talked to the manager i gave him the tail light and parking brake back. Friend bought the new grab bar off of me.

Also i would have done the starter but since i would of ordered it i though shit just install it. Oh well i did pay for the tail light or parkung brake. Also the gas cap hose was tied very tightly in a knot for some reason :banghead:

·
Registered
56 Posts
You should put that dealers name up on the RAPTOR FORUM and warn other riders not to take there ATV's to that shop !! THATS WRONG!!!

·
Registered
4,986 Posts
The stealership (s) strikes again LMFAO!!! I have yet to find a good honest dealership. The only reason I go there is to buy a new bike. I buy all my parts online and do the work myself.

·
Registered
332 Posts
i go to the dealer by my house for parts if i need it right away. the parts guys are cool. Never had work done though.

·
Registered
1,488 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
The stealership (s) strikes again LMFAO!!! I have yet to find a good honest dealership. The only reason I go there is to buy a new bike. I buy all my parts online and do the work myself.
I like that The Stealerships. LOL. and yes with these forums anything is possible to have work done.:D

·
Premium Member
2,702 Posts
I walked into my local dealer and asked for a price on a 700SE, he laughed in my face and told me good luck! I asked him what he meant by that and he told me the nearest was in Philadelphia and told me to have a nice trip, my mouth hanging wide open I asked him if he was a Yamaha dealer and he told me yes...... So I asked why he could not order me one and off he went trying to sell me a 700R lol

·
Premium Member
2,702 Posts
Dealers are something else these days, they don't seem like they want to sell you anything and when you have an issue they don't want to know.
I traveled 80 Miles south of where I live and picked up a better deal from someone that did want to sell me something.

·
Registered
1,488 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Dealers are something else these days, they don't seem like they want to sell you anything and when you have an issue they don't want to know.
I traveled 80 Miles south of where I live and picked up a better deal from someone that did want to sell me something.
I was in that same boat aswell.

·
Registered
1,516 Posts
I think my worse experience was with my Renegade... I had the stock tires on it and I had just bought a set of brand new Bearclaws. I had a shock that had blown so I took it to the Can-AM dealer to get them to fix the shock and I figured while I was there I could kill 2 birds with 1 stone and let 'em do my tires.

Just to put you in context, the place that does all my tire work usually would have charged me 30$ to swap all 4 tires...

So I come back and they charge me... hold your breath... 120$ + tax for a total of 140$ to change 4 tires.. I bit the bullet and paid for it after bitching at the service manager there but he didn't give a shit. It was my fault for not asking in advance but man, 30$ per tire... that's just not right.

·
Registered
6,002 Posts
I think my worse experience was with my Renegade... I had the stock tires on it and I had just bought a set of brand new Bearclaws. I had a shock that had blown so I took it to the Can-AM dealer to get them to fix the shock and I figured while I was there I could kill 2 birds with 1 stone and let 'em do my tires.

Just to put you in context, the place that does all my tire work usually would have charged me 30$ to swap all 4 tires...

So I come back and they charge me... hold your breath... 120$ + tax for a total of 140$ to change 4 tires.. I bit the bullet and paid for it after bitching at the service manager there but he didn't give a shit. It was my fault for not asking in advance but man, 30$ per tire... that's just not right.
I had the dealer try to get me like that to. Just to dismount my stock tires from my DS650 they wanted to charge me over $80-100(can't recall the exact amount but it was cheaper for 2 new rims) . I told them thats crazy and they coud just keep them and i'll buy new rims from somewhere else and it would be cheaper. I said I'll give them $25 max as it would have only cost $6 at the tire place in town. I only go there if I "NEED" something.

The same place wanted to charge almost $3000 just to do the topend do to a dropped valve on my buddys raptor(the one I own now). It was $700 just because they tore it down. Every bolt or part they touched aside from the head and cylinder they had said it needed replaced. I think he got them down to $2000 all said and done. It is crazy. I almost forgot about haw bad dealers are. Should make a list of them bad ones.

·
Premium Member
5,195 Posts

I've done the same thing.... and that's usually the going rate at the dealers around here, $30 a tire since they have to do them by hand

·
#327 "After Hours"
1,130 Posts
$30 bucks a tire!!! The local shop here swaps em out for $5 bucks a piece!! $7 if you want him to dispose of the tire!

·
YOU WISH
6,114 Posts
30 a tire here too...
I take it to a tire shop that does it for 7.50 a piece tho...

When I crashed my bike and had 5,500$ in damage they replaced a TON of stuff...
And they told me it took like 4HRS to put on the barkers and charged me 89$ a hour for that! PLUS my intake and PC5 was another 4HRS? WTF? I about flipped!
Then it was the wrong intake. So I bought the right one and when I went to take the air box out 3 of the bolts were stripped and when I did my cut fenders I found MANY other bolts that were stripped :mad:

When I Re build mine I will be sure to do some research or do it myself...

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.