Raptor Forum banner

1 - 20 of 55 Posts
M

·
0 Posts
Dont try to buy all of them, just contact the seller. For a pre-determined amount of money they will polish your whole motor for you. I tried to do the same a while ago, couldnt win all of the parts.

·
Registered
426 Posts
damn they were sold soooooo cheap :lol:

·
Registered
426 Posts
cant you take your stock engine parts and make it crome plated from any paint shop??

·
Super Moderator
17,057 Posts
q8murder said:
cant you take your stock engine parts and make it crome plated from any paint shop??
You cant plate them from what I've been told, they have to be polished. And that takes a lot of man hours even with mechanical assistance.

·
Registered
913 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

·
Super Moderator
17,057 Posts
BushManRebel said:
That is MBRP's drag pipe.  It needs to be drastically shortened to make any real power and even then its not all that impressive.  The LTE's should put out a few more hp up top.

BushManRebel said:
My honest opinion; I dont think anything like that will ever go into my bike. Unless its dyna or vortex its probably junk. And I dont think you are hitting your 9k rpm rev limiter as it is, the vast majority of people dont.

·
Registered
320 Posts
I have one, and I can honestly say it was a waste of money. I agree with Maddog about only buying the high end products. The Dyna and vortex are good because they are programmable. I didn't really buy mine to increase the rev limit, I got it because they proclaimed you would see power gains throughout. I saw nothing. The only time I've actually felt it increase the rev limit is on a 1/2 mile flat track when I wasn't in 5th gear. It does not good on an MX track because if you're reving over 9000, it's time to shift gears anyway.

·
Super Moderator
17,057 Posts
BushManRebel said:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/BANSHEE-RAPTOR-OVAL-TUBING-SWINGARM-NR_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ43981QQitemZ4570411282QQrdZ1

I think I found my +8 swingarm from Tdubs, offhand do you know if the LSR bearing carrier will fit?
That is dirt cheap. I've never really heard from anyone who has one of these, so good luck with it and let us know how it performs and holds up. What are you going to coat it with? Chrome? Powdercoat? What color?

Just about every aftermarket swingarm in the atv world uses the old honda round carrier, which is what LSR typically uses unless you order something special. The carrier should fit no problem.

·
Registered
913 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Got this message from my ebay messages from another ebay member.

I hate to see people cheated! you are bidding on a raptor case, well make sure the people that are outbidding you (ratfink01) is not the same person as the seller (precise polishing) as a matter of fact THEY ARE! Please keep my identity a secret as I can get in alot of trouble. See for yourself do some research check out their feedback look at all the people whom have placed bids on some of their stuff you'll be suprised to see ratfink01.

1 - 20 of 55 Posts