Raptor Forum banner

The lightest and strongest wheel out there?

5K views 6 replies 6 participants last post by  CHIMBAZOID 
#1 · (Edited)
I'm looking at pulling the trigger on the black ITP ss112 wheels but im thinking they are heavier than ITP is claiming them to be (1-2lbs heavier a wheel compared to the ITP Pro wheel). I also want a wheel that will match with my 2011 raptor but i know that i can't have it all. This wheel will have to handle it all with Moutain and wood trails. I'm picking up some spare wheels and paddles for the dunes.

What all is out there for these quads?

#4 · (Edited)
I just pulled the trigger on some tech 3 Hiper beadlocks for the rear, and CF 1's for the fronts. These are the best wheels for me, but if I was to go aluminium I'd get the DWT beadlocks or possibly OMF beadlocks which I think are the best looking wheels.

#5 ·
The lightest and strongest would probably be a Hiper Carbon beadlock. But unfortunately these will also put you in the most expensive category.

The ITP SS112 is a great wheel and has nice looks. They are heavier than others but really set the quad off and help you stand out from others. They can also take a moderate amount of riding but if you go with the black model dont expect them to hold up to rock scratches.

Champion in a box kits are great as well. Especially for a beginner MX'er.

We carry them all. If you have any questions feel free to email us @ sales@tqsatv.com or give us a call to discuss what your best setup could be.

#6 ·
I may go with the black SS wheels because for some odd reason i keep coming back to them as my favorite wheels. The hyper wheels are more than what i want to pay for and the polished 190s will dull and turn to a junk finish within a month of riding.

#7 ·
I have a set of Hi-Pers and a set OMF Scalloped beadlocks with the exact same tires mounted on both. I have not weighed them on a scale, but they feel about the same weight when holding one in each hand.

I really like the look of the scalloped rings and they also come with reinforcing rings on the inside lips of the front and rear rims for added strength. You have your choice of which brand and thickness wheel you want them to install their beadlock kit on. I went with a set of Douglas Blue Labels.

OMF's

H-iPers

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.