Raptor Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,674 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What's the most effective way to improve the brake response on these raptors? Braided lines? I envy my buddies' YFZ because of it's super responsive brakes.

I'll be getting braided lines for my a-arms and I think I'll get a rear line... I know it does wonders on cars so I'm assuming it would make a big difference on a quad.

·
Super Moderator
17,061 Posts
Braided lines make a difference. The yfz front twin piston calipers can also be made to fit the 660.

·
Registered
1,726 Posts
they bolt right on, the only issue is the lines will rub the wheel or other places. removing the shock and place the wheel at different points of travel to check that the lines don't rub. some where in here i have a few pics of putting them on.

you can also look for semimetalic brake pads they grab better but they will be harder on the rotors.

as maddog said the braided lines are a huge improvement also

·
Registered
23 Posts
I thought the raptor and the yfz had the same wheels and same A-Arms for the 700. why would they rub? If so is it the wheel that is a problem?

·
Registered
1,726 Posts
The 660 brake line comes out the bottom and the 450 lines come out the side, of the caliper this is. It's just the direction that the lines face and makes them either rub the wheel or the a-arm. It's not a big deal and could be just the way I have the lines routed. The setup I did was streamline braided lines on aftermarket arms, so how any of this will fit the stock setup I really couldn't say.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts