Raptor Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Vendor - Rip Ass Connoisseur & Turbo Junkie
733 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
2003 Raptor 660, +8 Chrome Stellar Swing Arm, Elka Stage 3 in the front/rear with flipped link. 15/58 gearing, 22x11x8 Taller casings 74 R/O 10 paddle extremes SLS custom D7 fuel Controller, 2006 GSXR 1000, JJ & A Play axle.

This quad is a co-op build mostly by us (D7) but there are several people involved, directly and indirectly. Paul at Monsterquad for making me a Killer deal on the engine package and exhaust cans.

Tony at Ragged Edge Performance for Making all the custom little weird fittings, adaptors and anything else we need as well as rebuilding my Elka's for the demands of a heavier engine and my fat A$$.

And one person GU who really wanted to remain anonymous, he was the key to getting this off the ground and cutting the frame and making sure all was aligned.

Well this is how it looked when it started and as you can see our 1st attemp at putting engine in didnt go well.

·
Registered
319 Posts
looking really good, a few questions though if you dont mind as ive just started building a 660 with a k3 1000 gsxr at the moment and have gone the same route as you with welding a bigger loop in the bottom of the frame
pics 19 & 20, is that the sump, that you have shortend??
can you show a pic of the lower engine mounts please
are you using the stock tank, or a fabricated one and how are you mounting the fuel pump.

sorry to hyjack your thread

·
Super Moderator
2,702 Posts
Curious, I am not knocking anyone.. But why put a GSXR 1000 Motor in this frame, why not an R1 Motor?

Just wondering and to fix my curiosity..

·
Registered
16 Posts
wow, looks to be a nice build.Keep up with the pics.
How much heavier is a gsxr motor than an R1 motor?

·
Registered
255 Posts
GSXR motor run hard. it will move for sure. i just sold my gsxr1000 and it was a monster compared to the R1 as far as raw power goes. I wanted to keep everything yamaha or i would have done a gsxr1000 motor. great build guys. will this be a all motor bike or will it get boost or nitrous down the road??? Im mean boost is right up your alley : )

·
733 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
wow, looks to be a nice build.Keep up with the pics.
How much heavier is a gsxr motor than an R1 motor?

Nothing confirmed but I was told 17 lbs

GSXR motor run hard. it will move for sure. i just sold my gsxr1000 and it was a monster compared to the R1 as far as raw power goes. I wanted to keep everything yamaha or i would have done a gsxr1000 motor. great build guys. will this be a all motor bike or will it get boost or nitrous down the road??? Im mean boost is right up your alley : )

Nothing yet, it will stay stock n/a for now but we have thoughts down the road for a Twin Turbo possibility:D Somewhere in the 300 hp range at around 8 lbs of boost:eek:

·
Registered
255 Posts
Nothing confirmed but I was told 17 lbs

Nothing yet, it will stay stock n/a for now but we have thoughts down the road for a Twin Turbo possibility:D Somewhere in the 300 hp range at around 8 lbs of boost:eek:
yeah these are crazy with boost. there was a guy at sand mountain reno with a GSXR boosted in a banshee and he said it laid down 250. it was a monster. he would let guys get out about half hill on him then come flying around them like they were standing still.

·
733 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Yeah, sand mountain is in my back yard that is where we ride 95% of the time its only 90 miles away

·
Registered
319 Posts
shredder,

it looks like you have had to cut out the chassie and widen the footpegs to get the engine in and lined up,
is this correct as getting mine in the left hand side(sprocket) has loads of room, but the other side the engine is hitting the foot peg mounts,
if this is the case have you got any pitures

thanks in advance

·
733 Posts
Discussion Starter #19 (Edited)
Updates

the next big hurdle after the exhaust was build was to build a fuel tank that mouted in the stock location. it holds 2.25 gallons of fuel

1 - 20 of 33 Posts