Raptor Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,488 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
First off, i would like to thank everyone who helped me get to the point that i am at right now aswell as the people who i saw at the rally.

Heres how it went during the drags at SL on sunday. When I raced there was only 1 guy who kept beating me, he bad a bigbore 450 with cam, exhaust, intake, ect.

I love where im at i just need a little more power and im pnot sure what i should get.

734cc kit
Or
Stage 3 HC with 11:1cp piston, +3 throttle body?

Or any ideas you guys have?

·
Banned
2,642 Posts
First off, i would like to thank everyone who helped me get to the point that i am at right now aswell as the people who i say at the rally.

Heres how it went during the drags at SL on sunday. When I raced there was only 1 guy who kept beating me, he bad a bigbore 450 with cam, exhaust, intake, ect.

I love where im at i just need alite more power and imnot sure what i should get.

734cc kit
Or
Stage 3 HC with 11:1cp piston

Or any ideas you guys have?
Get the first four things in your "to come" and you'll be happy. But no matter you go with do the fci first or your leaving hp on the table running your stock choked up intake tube with a bigger filter ony the end. The fci will help with top end power and carrying your tq curve longer. P.S. get the 11.5:1 cp piston highest compression you can run on pump gas.

·
Registered
1,488 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Get the first four things in your "to come" and you'll be happy. But no matter you go with do the fci first or your leaving hp on the table running your stock choked up intake tube with a bigger filter ony the end. The fci will help with top end power and carrying your tq curve longer. P.S. get the 11.5:1 cp piston highest compression you can run on pump gas.
Thanks man thats what i was thinking about doing!

·
*Woo Woo!*
621 Posts
Stage 3 HC with 11:1cp piston, +3 throttle body will give you way more power than the 734cc kit. The HC3/11:1 is one of the best bang for your buck combos after your 3 mod for sure.

·
Registered
6,002 Posts
Did I meet you the other day? I didn't know who was who and my tires kept going flat on everything so I didn't get ti hang out much:(. I didn't go out Sunday, everyone with me was sunburned except me so they didn't want to get any worse so I left. I did lots of racing on Saturday on my 660.

·
Registered
1,488 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Did I meet you the other day? I didn't know who was who and my tires kept going flat on everything so I didn't get ti hang out much:(.Saturday on my 660.
I got fucked over early saturday, they wouldnt let me in until around 3:00 so i missed the BBQ and the group ride, as well as the friend i was with got a ticket and didnt have his license on him and his titled wasnt transfored over when he bought it so that took about an hour. Some of you guys probably saw me and another kid on a YFZ with the DNR.

·
Registered
6,002 Posts
Were you out by the strip on Saturday night? There was a 700 with Barkers I seen there I ran a few time. I was on the 660 and had a Orange/black DS650, Polaris Scrambler and YFZ 450 with me. I didn't know if that was you out there or not.

·
Registered
1,488 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Were you out by the strip on Saturday night? There was a 700 with Barkers I seen there I ran a few time. I was on the 660 and had a Orange/black DS650, Polaris Scrambler and YFZ 450 with me. I didn't know if that was you out there or not.
I know i was out there late, i had a blue 700 and blue and white yamaha jersey/pants. Where you the 660 i raced that had an increttible top end?

·
Registered
6,002 Posts
;) That would be me. When I get my new Piston back and installed and lower the preload on the front spring so I can launch then I shold do a lot better out of the hole just low compression and I cranked up the front to see if it would ride better and it was a big no no lol. It does pull good in the top end though I was getting killed out of the hole by everyone though, just could keep the front down enough.

·
Registered
6,002 Posts
Yeah I remeamber you asking that lol I have a bit of motor work though so I shold beat you with no problem just got to dial it in. Sand is so much different then the dirt as far as traction goes you don't spin much with haulers on that's for sure. I think if I stiffen the rear shock up a bit as its still set for a stock swingarm and loosen the front to bring the front back down again I would be able to launch a lot better. I had no problems beating anyone on the long strip because I could catch back up but I just could not launch at all. The front just wanted to float. You planning on going up again? I was gonna come over and bs with you but we had to get that ds started due to a dead battery and flat tire lol so after it was running we had to just take off.

·
Registered
1,488 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
You planning on going up again? I was gonna come over and bs with you but we had to get that ds started due to a dead battery and flat tire lol so after it was running we had to just take off.
Yeah im gonna try and see if i can go up 11-13. And i saw the polaris towing the DS i was wondering what happened lol.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts