Raptor Forum banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
684 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is the kit I sell for the Raptor 700. Its the ONLY real super sized kit made. It comes with K&N, billet adaptor ring, and all parts needed to mount the kit to the subframe so it wont rattle around. I sell this kit for 140.00 shipped in the usa. All pictures are side by side with a trinity kit for a Raptor 700.

Sand Demon Motorsports
1 530 832 9696
1 530 927 9827

Attachments

·
Registered
2,537 Posts
Damn!! :thumbsup:

I just got my intake tho :(

·
Registered
262 Posts
Do you have the Sand sock to fit this bigger filter?(outerwear)

·
Registered
1,281 Posts
sparky yfz said:
NVMYZ28 said:
No good for mudding without an air box.
Your right. This kit was designed for people that want alot of HP.
What you could do, is make up some sort of shield that protects the bottom of the air filter (our of aluminum or sheet metal or something), and find an outer wear that slips of the filter - it would make it more of an all purpose deal to help sales perhaps? Would help avoid direct splashes anyway.

Just thinking out loud :thumbsup:

·
Registered
644 Posts
sparky yfz said:
Yes you do. But you lose about 5 lbs and gain about 2 hp. So thats a win win situation. :thumbsup:
If u ride only sand....

·
Registered
684 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
NVMYZ28 said:
sparky yfz said:
NVMYZ28 said:
No good for mudding without an air box.
Your right. This kit was designed for people that want alot of HP.
What you could do, is make up some sort of shield that protects the bottom of the air filter (our of aluminum or sheet metal or something), and find an outer wear that slips of the filter - it would make it more of an all purpose deal to help sales perhaps? Would help avoid direct splashes anyway.

I have outer wears coming for them. And you have a good idea about the splash shield. I will make some up and see how they work out.
Just thinking out loud :thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,132 Posts
Do you have dyno comparison? That almost seems like an almost to big filter. Kinda like them guys that used to run 6" tall K&N's on SBC's cause they looked cool, but killed velocity/turbulance.

·
Registered
270 Posts
That's a big ass filter. I would not ride in the sand without a pre filter. I put Vasoline around the inside of my Pro Flo adapter and there is sand in that Vasoline from time to time and that is with an airbox with no lid and an Outerwear. These 4 stroke motor cost alot more than the old 2 strokes if they have to be rebuilt.

·
Registered
684 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Duane said:
Do you have dyno comparison? That almost seems like an almost to big filter. Kinda like them guys that used to run 6" tall K&N's on SBC's cause they looked cool, but killed velocity/turbulance.

I have dynoed all 3 filters and this one puts down the best #s. I have had good #s with the trinity but it CANT match the super filter. I do agree with you on some bikes to big of a filter will hurt you. I tried diffrent filters on my YFZ and found the filter that comes with the ESR kit dynoed the best.

Also the 6 inch filter your talking about only lost HP with a flat base air cleaner, if you ran it on a countured base like the early Z and vette base it actualy made more HP. It also changed if the air horn was cut down, you have to remember Im old :grin_nod: :grin_nod: and a die hard hot rodder. My real toy is a 68 Z/28 Im in the last third of restoration on it. Its a complete matching #s car, and its a very rare color code H-H greecian green with black stripes.

·
Registered
1,132 Posts
sparky yfz said:
Duane said:

Also the 6 inch filter your talking about only lost HP with a flat base air cleaner, if you ran it on a countured base like the early Z and vette base it actualy made more HP. It also changed if the air horn was cut down, you have to remember Im old :grin_nod: :grin_nod: and a die hard hot rodder. My real toy is a 68 Z/28 Im in the last third of restoration on it. Its a complete matching #s car, and its a very rare color code H-H greecian green with black stripes.
You got some of my attention with creditability with that comment. I'm old school also, course a 3-4" with a contoured base worked better than a 6" with the same base. Man, my ol 327 hated idling with the horn milled down, something about a big head/cammed high comp motor with no vacuum :grin_nod:.

·
Registered
478 Posts
Lets see some pics of the 68. You got to love first gen camaro guys! I have a 69 , my first true love and toy and I will never get rid of it! Bought it in boxes basically when I was 14.

Back to the topic, how much difference is there between the pro design compared to the trinity?

G

·
YellowistheFastest said:
Lets see some pics of the 68. You got to love first gen camaro guys! I have a 69 , my first true love and toy and I will never get rid of it! Bought it in boxes basically when I was 14.

Back to the topic, how much difference is there between the pro design compared to the trinity?
trinity is bigger by about 1/2 inch...i think

1 - 20 of 40 Posts