Raptor Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got my self a o5 Raptor 2 days ago ,which is a big stepup from the old 95 Lokota 300 I had. Which has gone to the son, the other son like 2wheelers.(He is on sale on Ebay if you would like to bid) Any how was very happy with the new raptor. went for the 1st ride all was well,then the thing stoped and would start (Bad word in here) Feeling sorry for myself, sat and drank large amounts of beer.The next morning still a bit pissed off and with a hangover decided to give the new bike a full service.Drained fuel tank,new spark plug,oil,cleaned filters and coolent.Now very happy she started up 1st time.
As the title says sometimes it the simple things, air fuel water.

·
I am unique
22,621 Posts
Glad to hear you got her running..............
Next time it stops, unplug the rectifier regulator and see if it runs with it unplugged........

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Glad to hear you got her running..............
Next time it stops, unplug the rectifier regulator and see if it runs with it unplugged........
Went out to the inlaw's farm on the weekend bike was running great,then all of a sudden it stops. tried unplugging the rectifier regulator as Willy said but didn't help.( Thanks Willy, will keep that in the memory bank for next time I break down you could save me from along walk one day.:) After a long walk back to get the ute. Worked out the carby had popped out of the rubber boot to the motor. The airbox was all the way back in it's slots, moved everything as far forward as I could.It ran fine the rest of the weekend.
Starting to have a love hate relationship with this bike.???

·
I am unique
22,621 Posts
Went out to the in laws farm on the weekend bike was running great,then all of a sudden it stops. tried unplugging the rectifier regulator as Willy said but didn't help.( Thanks Willy, will keep that in the memory bank for next time I break down you could save me from along walk one day.:) After a long walk back to get the ute. Worked out the carby had popped out of the rubber boot to the motor. The airbox was all the way back in it's slots, moved everything as far forward as I could.It ran fine the rest of the weekend.
Starting to have a love hate relationship with this bike.???
I have had that happen personally, but generally when this happens, you will hear a pop, blowing the carbs off, I installed #25 pilots and never had this happen again.............

·
Master of the Electron
15,065 Posts
the other son like 2wheelers.(He is on sale on Ebay if you would like to bid)
How much are you asking on eBay for your son? :D

As your title stated, it's the simple things! Don't get frustrated - you are taking over someone elses headaches, and problems that they weren't willing to fix

A few repairs, tuning and good maintenance and you'll have a quad that runs great and gives you little trouble. It won't take long to get there, and we'll help where we can.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Havn't had one bid he's been on there for 15 years.You think someone would want a teenager that eats you out of house and home. Keeps you broke what with motorbikes football and xbox games.

·
Registered
273 Posts
lol im almost there . i got 5 kids 4 boys and 1 daughter waiting to trade them on a new 700r lol

1 - 8 of 8 Posts