Raptor Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Man trying to do anything takes forever. After saving the cash which takes at least me a bit for things. Seems to take just as long for parts. Been waiting six weeks for a stellar +4. Ordered some Dwt rock an locks, they say in stock but 6 weeks out. I didn’t pay attention to delivery date.
Just saying if those who are planning a build be prepared to wait. At least for the good stuff.
I got shocks rather quick turn around time from Jeff(shout out to jogaca suspension). Rocked these shocks!
Here are some pics at my current state of rebuild. A few more months of saving and grinding work, then think about some monster big bore shorteys. Anyways first world problems right?
I should have swinger end of next week. Wheels bye nov. 16th. They say.
Anyone else feel the frustration? Lol. Anyways thanks for looking. Cheers and have happy weekend everyone 🍻🍻
Last pic is bent or twisted swingarm. You see if you look closely at carrier and pivot bolt.(pivot bolt slid out with ease, carrier was more difficult).
Wheel Tire Land vehicle Vehicle Motor vehicle
Wheel Tire Vehicle Fuel tank Motor vehicle
Automotive tire Automotive design Gas Engineering Toy

·
Super Moderator
9,026 Posts
Looking good, it’s all a waiting game anymore. I ordered a new plastic set back in March, still waiting for fenders, no ETA from manufacturer.

Ya, 1st world problems..

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Anyone have some blue 13+ front plastic l? I don’t care about fenders cuz they will be cut off. Reason I need is my 06 ones don’t fit around the 18 rad and fan. And I think they look more aggressive. 💪🍻

·
Premium Member
3,078 Posts
I really have to wonder, why in gods name do people like to butcher the fenders? No protection from rocks, mud, and debris. And IMO it looks terrible. Lol just my opinion
Don’t have an issue with rocks mud or debris, not in the way of your knees, not it you sight line when negotiating technical terrain, cuts several pounds of weight off, and looks way better.

·
Premium Member
3,078 Posts
Been waiting on a single Douglas front wheel since mid July. Should be here around the end of November ish hopefully.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I really have to wonder, why in gods name do people like to butcher the fenders? No protection from rocks, mud, and debris. And IMO it looks terrible. Lol just my opinion
Never had any issues with debris either. Mainly ride asphalt and sand. After looking at the quad for years it needed a face lift so I cut it off. It has gone through many stages of performance and appearance since I got it off the showroom floor in 2006. I removed headlight mounts as well. Made custom coil mount, will probably take off reverse cable to or move to bars. Kinda making this my drag/hill shooter now

Been waiting on a single Douglas front wheel since mid July. Should be here around the end of November ish hopefully.
Damn now that’s a wait. Mine are saying November 18th from atv galaxy. Must have to make them lol.

·
Premium Member
3,078 Posts
Never had any issues with debris either. Mainly ride asphalt and sand. After looking at the quad for years it needed a face lift so I cut it off. It has gone through many stages of performance and appearance since I got it off the showroom floor in 2006. I removed headlight mounts as well. Made custom coil mount, will probably take off reverse cable to or move to bars. Kinda making this my drag/hill shooter now

Damn now that’s a wait. Mine are saying November 18th from atv galaxy. Must have to make them lol.
I called Douglas directly back before I ordered them. We’re scheduled to be done in production mid October. They told me the 300 sets or so of the specific wheel i wanted are mostly for atv galaxy and Motorsport inventory
Dwt a5 10x5 4/156 4+1 spacing black.
The problem for me is it’s not a common spacing.
Was able to make the bent wheel last long enough to let me blow up the engine, so waiting on the wheel isn’t a concern anymore.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
For the swingarm after 6 weeks. Well worth the wait! Stellar delivered a nice +4 in gloss black. I couldn’t be happier. I bought a all balls dual barring kit (swingarm only comes with outers) for pivot bolt are. Also picked up a OEM Pivot bolt, grease(dust caps),nut and from RMatv. Coming along nicely but slowly.
Crankset Bicycle part Motor vehicle Automotive tire Gear
Automotive design Motor vehicle Wheel Automotive tire Engineering

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Took it out today testing rear brake. Still a kinda soft for my liking. Over all the little rips I’ve done the shocks feel great. I put on a renthal atv z ring gold chain(135 bucks 😳)went with a universal rear stream line brake line. ASR one was to long and ends oriented wrong. I stiffened the rear and softened the front. It will still wheelie in second with a 15T quite easily (I didn’t get carried away). But yea still waiting on wheels. This winter I will send axle back to loanstar to get straightened. It really not bad I have road worse. Anyways thanks for looking 🍻🍻
Tire Wheel Vehicle Automotive tire Tread
Wheel Tire Vehicle Car Motor vehicle
Wheel Tire Vehicle Motor vehicle Automotive tire
Tire Wheel Motor vehicle Automotive tire Automotive lighting

1 - 12 of 12 Posts