Raptor Forum banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So this one place on the farm we always jump I've never been able to jump it without nosediving. I don't think there is really anything there to jump, More or less like driving off the end of a road. Here is a rough pic. We come from the left side to jump that sight left hill. But If I come from the right and punch it halfway down the right hill and jump the left, it jumps great! Incline helps!

·
Premium Member
6,553 Posts
When you jump and it starts to nosedive just rev it up and the momentum of the tires spinning faster will raise the front. Same as the front being to high, just tap the rear brake and it will bring er down.

·
Registered
595 Posts
VelociRaptor said:
When you jump and it starts to nosedive just rev it up and the momentum of the tires spinning faster will raise the front. Same as the front being to high, just tap the rear brake and it will bring er down.
i was searching jumping and ran across this old thread...with that being said is the above statement true

·
Registered
595 Posts
i was just wondering since i pulled a noob evil kinevil yesterday why i landed on the front wheels but i thing i either hit the brakes or just let all the way off the throttle once the oh shit factor kicked in and i was high as roof tops

·
***Wildland Firefighter***
3,031 Posts
Ya the rappys are a little picky when jumping. If u launch with too much throttle the front end shoots up, and with too little throttle, you want to nose dive. The revving and braking thing works given you have enough time to react and do it. The reason this works is because of the inertia the rear tires create. increasing the rear tire speed causes the rear end to pull down, slowing or stopping the rear tires causes the bike to level back out.

·
Registered
595 Posts
well another thing that i know is painfull is deep ditches (motes) and not knowing whats on the other side of the run up ie: damn drop off feels like a have a broken rib lol well not broken but my whole torso hit the handle bars but i landed the unexpected jump and didn't mess my pants

·
Registered
3,921 Posts
tcarter said:
well another thing that i know is painfull is deep ditches (motes) and not knowing whats on the other side of the run up ie: damn drop off feels like a have a broken rib lol well not broken but my whole torso hit the handle bars but i landed the unexpected jump and didn't mess my pants

well atleast the pants stayed clean.. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

·
Freak!
7,986 Posts
tcarter said:
Good save :thumbsup: especially for your shorts :lol:

·
Registered
89 Posts
another thing no one's said that looks to be a problem for someone without alot of experiance jumping on your drawing could be this... you could be letting off the throttle right at the top of the jump (The oh shit factor) this will load your front suspention and make it nose dive... try pulling up to the jump in low to mid first gear and blipping the throttle and you'll see the quad more level out or bring the front up a little... DONT Pin the lever just a slight blip then start increasing your speed as you get used to the feeling... but you always want to come in at steady throttle or slightly accelerating depening on the lip of the jump then blip it... which is a quick pop of the throttle adding about .25% more throttle... now some pro jumps on a track have a steep lip which makes this not as needed but a slope like you've got kinda requires it...

·
Premium Member
151 Posts
I do have to say that is some niffty CAD drawings.

·
Registered
22,016 Posts
scott011422 said:
So this one place on the farm we always jump I've never been able to jump it without nosediving. I don't think there is really anything there to jump, More or less like driving off the end of a road. Here is a rough pic. We come from the left side to jump that sight left hill. But If I come from the right and punch it halfway down the right hill and jump the left, it jumps great! Incline helps!

Try preloading your suspension right as you hit the face of the launch area.

~Brian

·
Registered
595 Posts
do you guys realize that this thread is old as hell i just asked was the throttle brake thing true lol thread was started in 2006 :lol:

·
Registered
22,016 Posts
Colorado700R said:
Flynbyu said:
Drop and give me 100 Mr. Helper.

:lol:

~Brian
I got $20 says that he could do it :thumbsup: 2-1 odds that Brian couldn't :lol:
Thus the reference of the post!

I noticed he was a MARINE!!!!

Who rah!

I'm good for 100....My shit feels like jello after about 70 though.

It wasn't meant in a derogatory way.....

:thumbsup:

~Brian

·
Freak!
7,986 Posts
Flynbyu said:
Colorado700R said:
Flynbyu said:
Drop and give me 100 Mr. Helper.

:lol:

~Brian
I got $20 says that he could do it :thumbsup: 2-1 odds that Brian couldn't :lol:
Thus the reference of the post!

I noticed he was a MARINE!!!!

Who rah!

I'm good for 100....My shit feels like jello after about 70 though.

It wasn't meant in a derogatory way.....

:thumbsup:

~Brian
Us former Marines reserve the right to decline extra physical activity, except for da ladies :grin_nod:

1 - 20 of 42 Posts