Raptor Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I was thinking about getting a Blaster as a 2nd quad. What mods are best?

1. Air Filter
2. Exhaust pipe
3. Exhaust silencer
4. V-Force reed valve kit or:
- reed spacer and reeds
5. Jet kit

Of course I would swap out tires and go down 1 tooth on the rear sprocket.

·
Registered
55 Posts
i have a blaster now and this is what i have done to mine... Boysen Reeds, UNI Air Filter, Toomey B1 Exhaust (330 main jet), Maxxis Razr2 Tires, Renthal Handlebars, DG alloy front bumper, Bored .40 over, WSM Performance Piston/rings/pin/circlips, Recent Top end gasket kit, Powermadd handguards, custom grab bar, custom oil block off kit, air box lid off!, new rear axle bearings, custom rims, scott grips. Also what type of riding are you going to be doing with it? i can help narrow down mods if i know what type of riding.

·
Registered
7,128 Posts
Well... if he is in NM, I doubt he is trail riding through the woods:lol: I bet a 'Shee would be good. Or just do up the Q'Racer... pipe, intake, a-arms, axle, swinger, plastic, 310 kit...

·
Git-R-Done
729 Posts
+1 on the banshee for a 2nd quad.:thumbsup:

·
Registered
4,088 Posts
id buy a 300/400ex before i bought a blaster

·
Registered
4,088 Posts
Because they are a better trail machine imo. Especially the 400ex. I had a blaster and it Just left a bad taste in my mouth.

·
Registered
4,088 Posts
Last I checked it was buried under some bails of straw and is home to a community of mice. Mad dog talked me out of the swap. It still may happen one day but not until I can afford to do it the correct way and only have to do it once.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts