Raptor Forum banner

1 - 20 of 69 Posts

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am debating on selling the Raptor and getting a TRX300EX, don't beat me up too bad. I know the 300EX is just a little faster in stock form, and I know my Raptor is faster now that it is modded. How much faster are the 300EXs when modded compared to the Raptor 250? I really need a bigger quad, the Raptor 250 is just too small. I am do not need a full out 450cc race quad, I trail ride, and I can't find a LTZ400 that I can afford.

·
Registered
1,501 Posts
You have proof of 300EX being faster than a 250 stock? Because my mild 250 eats up a piped EX...

1,000 post! 8)

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
You have proof of 300EX being faster than a 250 stock? Because my mild 250 eats up a piped EX...

1,000 post! 8)
Yep, there is an arcticle devoted to these two quads, which has a video as well. Stock 250 will do 55mph, stock 300EX will do 58mph. The 300EX takes it all day in a drag. The 250 was better in the twist and turns due to the smaller tires and lower center of gravity. The track where both quads were tested required the "Big 3" GYT-R mods from Yamaha for the 250 to clear some of the doubles. The 300EX was able to do so in stock form. If you modify the 300EX with similar "Big 3" performance parts, change tires, and do some weight reduction it will outperform the 250. These guys tested a full GYT-R 250 against a stock 300EX, of course it was better. I am looking for a bigger quad, but not a full out 450cc race quad.

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
While your at it you might as well think about a 660 they are going for ridiculous prices. And I don't know how big you are but it is not a very big bike either and not very fast, but they are fun to ride around my cousins 250ex is fun to play around on. Just an idea have fun :thumbsup:
660 is too big for me and too powerful for my comfort. I have ridden the 250EX, I like the size, but don't like the auto clutch and shaft drive. It's friggen heavy, and slow.

·
Registered
4,132 Posts
How old are you bud? Weight and height? A 660 probably isn't too big for you. I'm not big and I ride the piss outta mine.

·
Registered
1,501 Posts
Oh, if you're not looking for an all out 450, get a Polaris 450. :)

·
Registered
4,132 Posts

·
#327 "After Hours"
1,130 Posts
If you want to get a TRX at least get the 400. I've had a 300 and 400. Its a night and day difference, both being reliable and slower than hell.

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
How old are you bud? Weight and height? A 660 probably isn't too big for you. I'm not big and I ride the piss outta mine.
I am 34

5'9"

165lbs

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
If you want to get a TRX at least get the 400. I've had a 300 and 400. Its a night and day difference, both being reliable and slower than hell.
If I get a 400, it will be a 2009 Suzuki LTZ400. At least this way I will have liquid cooled, and fuel injected.

·
Registered
4,132 Posts
I am 34

5'9"

165lbs
I think you'd be just fine. I came from a blaster to my 660. I'm 23 5'4" or so and 125lbs. Or scoop up a 700. I'd be damned before I rode a 400ex. Maybe a 450r. The ex line is more for beginners I think. And like swiper said they're super reliable but so s l o w.

·
Registered
4,132 Posts
Don't take this the wrong way but i don't understand people that are mature that ride but are afraid of power and speed.
dont take this the wrong way but how is what you just said mature? the guy asked for opinions, not to be slammed

·
The Moose Rider
1,644 Posts
I'm not slamming him. Thats why i said dont take it the wrong way. If hes an experenced ride what is he afraid of. If he's looking to upgrade hes experenced. Nothing I said was inmature. Let him decide for himself if I was slaming him.

·
Registered
4,132 Posts
maybe your not "clamming" him and perhaps we have different opinions of what mature actually is. if he could decide for himself he would not have started this thread. just because someone wants an opinion doesnt make them inexperienced...

·
Registered
4,132 Posts
we should run. if CT's dyno is accurate, we're making about the same hp. i guess we could see if 15lbs makes a difference...

·
The Moose Rider
1,644 Posts
maybe your not "clamming" him and perhaps we have different opinions of what mature actually is. if he could decide for himself he would not have started this thread. just because someone wants an opinion doesnt make them inexperienced...
I'm not slamming him. Thats why i said dont take it the wrong way. If hes an experenced ride what is he afraid of. If he's looking to upgrade hes experenced. Nothing I said was inmature. Let him decide for himself if I was slaming him.
When I say mature I don't mean no longer a child, or simply, of age. He and I are the same age. We are mature, We've experenced quit a bit of living. In other words he has the experence of LIFE.

1 - 20 of 69 Posts