Raptor Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Ok so lately I've been having a itch to get a quad. In the past i have had a 04 raptor 660. it was my first quad and i had ton's of fun on it. it was a great first bike. i sold it for a 07 r6. then sold the r6 for a 08 LTR 450 while the LTR was a great quad it just wasn't like the 660. so i sold that a few years back and I'm really wanting a raptor 700. I'm not looking for anything brand new.

So ive been checking out my local craigslist. I have came across a few raptor 700. so my question's what are things to look for. is there any year i should stay away from???

Yesterday i looked at a 07 raptor 700r s.e its the white and blue special edition. the kid said he hasn't rode it in 2 or 3 years. it's bone stock. still has factory tire's on it and they have about 80% tread left on all tire's. the quad it self is quite dirty like its seen mostly rode on dirty trail's when it was rode. he said he hasn't rode it enough to even change the oil :eek: so is this bike worth the $4400 he asking? If this is the quad i end up liking i was planning on offering him $3800 does this seem like a fare price?

Im also looking at a 06 raptor 700. its mostly stock with just street tire's and a over size oil tank. i have not seen this bike in person it's 2 1/2 hours away from me and i debating rather it's worth $4000 which is what he asking.

the bike will mostly just be used for some trail riding and i'll ride it back and forth to work every now and then. we can make them street legal here in montana,

thanks for your input guy's.

·
Registered
868 Posts
The only issue I'm aware of is 2006 and fuel pumps. I have one of the "bad" pumps but hasn't given me problems however mine has been torn down for a year and a half lol.

The prices seem a little high. You can get a 6 mod 700 (intake, programmer, exhaust, head work, cam, piston) for around the $5-6k range depending on quad. Most stock 06-07 I've seen run $2800-3500 price range. I think $3800 is a fair price for that 07. Did you look at the oil? I would be scared if he had never changed the oil in it no matter how little it had been rode lol.

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The only issue I'm aware of is 2006 and fuel pumps. I have one of the "bad" pumps but hasn't given me problems however mine has been torn down for a year and a half lol.

The prices seem a little high. You can get a 6 mod 700 (intake, programmer, exhaust, head work, cam, piston) for around the $5-6k range depending on quad. Most stock 06-07 I've seen run $2800-3500 price range. I think $3800 is a fair price for that 07. Did you look at the oil? I would be scared if he had never changed the oil in it no matter how little it had been rode lol.
I did it did seem dirty. but not to bad. the stock foam air filter was really dark brown and quite greasy. it just looked like he bough it a rode it for the first summer and then got bored with it and hasn't touched it sense. he seem like it was his first quad and din't know much bout it. he didn't even know how to get the seat off.

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
nobody else has any input? I'm just trying to make sure im not getting taken to the cleaner's on this. im really itching to pull the trigger on a quad. there is a few more quad's around my area. but hand's down i like this color combo the most. but im not going to make my decision off the color's alone. thanks for any info.

·
Registered
749 Posts
i know you will love the 700 if you liked your 660, but i think the prices are very high....esp for something that doesn't sound all that great. i like the idea of buying stock and not ridden (that's what i did when i bought mine) but someone not even being able to take the seat off! i'd run for the hills from that one. love that color combo too. i'm partial to the white since that's what i have, and it's so easy to keep clean. if it was me, i'd keep looking on craigslist

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
i know you will love the 700 if you liked your 660, but i think the prices are very high....esp for something that doesn't sound all that great. i like the idea of buying stock and not ridden (that's what i did when i bought mine) but someone not even being able to take the seat off! i'd run for the hills from that one. love that color combo too. i'm partial to the white since that's what i have, and it's so easy to keep clean. if it was me, i'd keep looking on craigslist
yeah thats the one thing that kinda freaked me out. im not sure if he just forgot where the release was or if he didn't know. cause when i pulled the air box lid off he knew how those clip's worked and how to take them off and put them on. i just wish people who bought stuff like this spent a little time learning about there machine. every machine i have bought i go over them just to find out where everything is. just so i know.

·
Registered
437 Posts
if u like the 660 ull love the 700. i upgraded and havnt looked back since. no the particlular one ur after is probably the most saought after edition because in my opinion is the bes looking color scheme ever made on the 700s. this tend to make those ones a bit more expensive. i myself have always wanted that one but couldnt find one in my price range so i got an 07 white and silver. you wont go wrong with a 700 any year just depends what you like and what your willing to spend and if ya buy this one and dont like the blue hit me up ill take the hood and tank topper of ur hands lol ;)

·
Registered
437 Posts
oh and to answer ur above question the o7 se or gytr editions did then from 08 and aon had the piggy backs then in 09 they picked up a new dash with a speedo

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
if u like the 660 ull love the 700. i upgraded and havnt looked back since. no the particlular one ur after is probably the most saought after edition because in my opinion is the bes looking color scheme ever made on the 700s. this tend to make those ones a bit more expensive. i myself have always wanted that one but couldnt find one in my price range so i got an 07 white and silver. you wont go wrong with a 700 any year just depends what you like and what your willing to spend and if ya buy this one and dont like the blue hit me up ill take the hood and tank topper of ur hands lol ;)
oh if i pick this one up i'll be keeping the blue. that's really one of the reason's i want is quad. after looking at it in person i really like the white and blue. its going to match my truck nicely.

heres my truck the color's are pretty close.

·
Registered
74 Posts
I'm looking at 700's also and it seems theres alot of them very inexpensive in the area and around Illinois. Just leary of buying a used one since I don't know what to look for or even which model years had specific issues. But I also don't wanna buy new since their so much $

·
Registered
749 Posts
great truck!!! hell, we both need to show up together and color coordinate LoL

·
Registered
437 Posts
lol oh and if ya ever wanna sell thaat truck let me know ;) lol

·
Registered
437 Posts
oh and this is why i want the blue lol

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
lol oh and if ya ever wanna sell thaat truck let me know ;) lol
Ha i wouldnt mind selling the truck for the right price. but the wife already told me a few year's ago that i can never sell it. she said we have way to much into it to ever break even. which im ok with. cause i do have a lot coin into. i turbocharged it and put a build motor and tranny into it wish as we know performance part's arent cheap. then i decided i needed a custom fiberglass sub enclosure that take's um the entire back seat. :eek: so it kinda suck's now cause its only a 2 seater who would want that. ???

·
Registered
437 Posts
yeah i hear ya before my wheelers i had a bigger money pit lol

from red to black and so much more lol

Attachments

1 - 19 of 19 Posts