Raptor Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am really thinking about getting the new 2011 raptor 700r. Went and checked the dealer ship by me and they had a white/red one. The dealer said he could give it to me for $7,199 and after taxes, tire disposal fee, registration it came out to be just under $7,800. I was just wondering if that was a good price? Im in upstate ny.

For those who like to bet the ponies. Insider tip, Animal Kingdom is gonna win:D:D

·
Registered
746 Posts
For a Dealer/New bike - that is a good to fair price in my opinion.

I paid just over 9k for my 2008 loaded GYTR SE back in 2008
Since then I have seen them go as low as 6k for a standard 700 when the local dealers starting going out of business.

·
Registered
746 Posts
Check your colors against the year, Each year comes in either standard blue or the Special Edition color of the year. Every once in a while people will claim it's newer than it really is.
For 2011 the only colors are Blue or Black
For 2010 the only colors were Blue or Black and White
The Red and White was the 2008 Special Edition Color.
The 2008 had the dash without the speedo
2009 and on have the digital speedo dash
2008's are going for around 6k now and some dealers still have "new old stock"
Hope that helps you weed out any scammer

And the Tire Disposal fee is B/S - you don't have to pay that until you are trading in old dead tires for new tires. ~ at least here in AZ.

·
Registered
145 Posts
I pay for a red white 2011 in arizona:
base price: 6599.00
freight: 500.00
set up &pdi: 300.00
sales tax: 695.51
license: 55.00
documentation: 205.00
total: 8353.51

Your dealer price is excellent.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Its the same exact white and red one from the yamaha website and I also found a post here that lists each year and colors. I know its the 2011 one because it has the speedo and what not. I thought it wasnt that bad of a deal and wanted too get other opinions.

The tire disposal fee or tire something fee was only 20 bucks, so its really not that big of a deal. Just thought it was weird.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Its the same exact white and red one from the yamaha website and I also found a post here that lists each year and colors. I know its the 2011 one because it has the speedo and what not. I thought it wasnt that bad of a deal and wanted too get other opinions.

The tire disposal fee or tire something fee was only 20 bucks, so its really not that big of a deal. Just thought it was weird.
I'm sure its a 2011, i have one red and white.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Here in Qubec they are 11,500$ + 15% tax....so it's 13,101.95$. i would like to pay 7,999$ for a NEW Raptor.

·
Premium Member
1,428 Posts
I am really thinking about getting the new 2011 raptor 700r. Went and checked the dealer ship by me and they had a white/red one. The dealer said he could give it to me for $7,199 and after taxes, tire disposal fee, registration it came out to be just under $7,800. I was just wondering if that was a good price? Im in upstate ny.

For those who like to bet the ponies. Insider tip, Animal Kingdom is gonna win:D:D
that sounds like a pretty good deal. i would def check into new 2010 and 09 leftovers and save some money, or put that money back into the bike. my buddy paid $8, 500 for a brand new 08 SE in 08...i bought a non SE a yr later for $5, 500 :D

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I've been looking at hondas and yamahas for a month now. Decided I want a raptor. Looked at every yr extensively. I want the 2011. This is my first atv and I'll keep it forever. That's y I want a brand new one. Not worried abOut the mOney.

Did any one use my tip? Could have made a lot off money. I made $2200. :)

·
Registered
14 Posts
Really???????:eek:

Im asking if the prices he's giving are in canadian dollars (CAN) or united states dollar (USD).

But thank you for your geography class, j/k
Canadian dollars! I bought a brand new '11 700r three weeks ago and with the taxes and everything it goes up to 15XXX$ :eek: I hate how were being screwed here in Canada! Well, I freaking love the quad, so I guess it's worth it :mad:

·
Registered
145 Posts
I've been looking at hondas and yamahas for a month now. Decided I want a raptor. Looked at every yr extensively. I want the 2011. This is my first atv and I'll keep it forever. That's y I want a brand new one. Not worried abOut the mOney.

Did any one use my tip? Could have made a lot off money. I made $2200. :)
When you have another pick, let us now., Congratulations.

·
RF Moderating Team Member / Wheelie Master
4,326 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
700yellowraptor, I went to menentos in clifton park. Im up in saratoga. Looked at their website and had the same price. Going to call them tomorrow tho.

I'm shocked I even won. Every time I put money on a horse I like they run last.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts