Raptor Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Guys,

So I have a 2010 Raptor 700 and I have had it for about a year now and absolutely adore it! Done a few mods here and there and im pretty satisfied with the outcome and love how it runs.

BUT one thing I find to be a problem is its height. Due to it not sitting that low to the ground like the YFZ450 its cornering and launching ect. aren't amazing. I have already put on a extended axle at the back and wheel spacers in the front and it helped greatly but i just want it to sit a little lower and thats when i began to think about a lowering kit. That being said i just want to here what you guys think about them and if you recommend any specific brands.

And by the way if it helps i ride 80% (where i live wuads are street legal) and the other 20% trails.

Thanks!
Peace.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7,128 Posts
On my 350, I have a CFM rear lowering kit, which makes it pretty even with the front. It just about sits on the ground:lol: It is cool being really low. BlueLighting recently got a CFM lowering kit, shipping took along time, and it was only shipped 180 miles.
 

·
Super Moderator
Joined
·
17,062 Posts
FYI, seat height on the 700 is 0.1 inches taller than the 2004-2009 YFZ. Not sure how it compares to the new one. The problem you have isn't that it sits too high, it's that the center of gravity is much higher.

Lowering kit will move the COG down, but handling will suffer. Then again since you're on the street it's likely you didn't notice the bump steer with the spacers and you probably don't ride all that aggressively (no racing/jumping/driving fast over whoops, etc) then you might not have any problems with a lowering kit either. Lots of the street legal guys go that way. Though the preferred method is either a zero preload suspension setup or shorter shocks.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Alrighty I get you guys and i think i made the decision and i am just gunna get a lowering kit. Just for the front though and then just flip the rear link to even it out.

Any recommendations on which brand??

Thanks again for all the help fellas :)
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
1,457 Posts
The GT thunder link works good and lowers it about in inch in the rear. I havn't noticed anything bad with the swing arm travel but it feels more stable.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
217 Posts
I dropped mine and i love it. I did front and back. I ride trails and some rocks and stuff kick up but that's why i got the full skid plates. Also i notice some swing arm plates put pressure on the rear linkage and will lower the quad...poorly designed or cheap skid plates. Mine were cheap i know that LOL. I just got the kit that moved the shock mount out, dropped the front 3 inches and widened it 2 inches, the rear was adjustable 0-4 inches. It rides and corners much better, doesn't feel like it wants to tip at all, very flat footed. Acts like my old warrior. You're not suppose to, but i do jump it. 15'-20' table tops and average air, not 50 foot gaps. It works good for me for what i do with my machine
 
1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Top