Raptor Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
815 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been reading alot about people going to +2 on front (both sides) and then +4 on the rear axle..... is this mainly for sand people? 99% of the time i am just drag racing my buds or trail riding.... i would like to feel a little more stable on the side of hills and when i am flying around corners on the trails.... so this is why i am thinking about widening.....

But what width should i go with? or is this widening even for me? If i go wider do i have to get aftermarket shocks? Best brand for the widening?
Thanks for any help or suggestions.

Plattner

·
Registered
45 Posts
I've looked up the durablue site, they got an axle the Elim 2+2 it cost about $425
and for the front the leager Recreational A-arms sould be all right. I just contacted today my parts unlimited dealer.
As we talk yesterday, I'm going for the steering stem +2. Hope it will make a difference for my back.

·
Registered
287 Posts
I have +3 each side fronts on order and +4 rear in the works as well. I'm going with the Elka's. all of the front is the long travel setup. Yes, I'm mainly a sand person. When I asked my shop they said +3 was the way to go. As far as having to go aftermarket on your shocks I would recommend it. Depending on the maker you may or maynot be able to use your stock shocks. My shop makes their swing arms with skock mounting configuration, except for the long travel setup. Extending will definatly make you more stable. The only problem I can think of is if you ride tight trails.

I'm keeping my axle stock in the rear, at least for now. For me, +4 is referring to the rear swing arm.

·
Registered
644 Posts
There are some good off brands for a arms, an if you look closeley between the laegers and a good set of no names, ther isn't and discernable difference between the two. I have a +2 set from a company called Borget, from pennsylvania.

Very Happy.

And yes, you will need to but aftermarket shocks; either some elka's of I even had stock YFZ 450 shocks rebuilt, and they are great. They MUST be rebuilt to handle the extra leverage of longer A Arms.

·
Registered
1,732 Posts
Now that wasn't so hard was it.....Going wider isn't just for the dunners All around it helps with stability and control. Widder base decreases the quad from tipping and improves cornering.Pretty much all mx and xc racers go wider to add stability

1 - 5 of 5 Posts