Raptor Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
From The Stix 2 Da Brix
11,616 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got an 05 80 it seems to have lost comprsion. I was thinking of putting a modded YZ125 in the 80 frame +8 swinger with some 20/11/8 8 paddles. I bet that little fucker would fly with a 100 pound jockey. How's that sound. It have a wheelie bar also tell him nail it shift as fast as you can. It bet it be fast as a stock 700 with average skill level 185lb jockey with right gearing the little bike might win in 300'

·
From The Stix 2 Da Brix
11,616 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It would be but I already have the 80 plus it'll look super cool a little 80 that quick. Gotta strengthen frame and convert to chain drive but I'd strut it so not worried bout shocks or independent suspension

·
Registered
266 Posts
Yeah thats true, but you will have a LOT of custom fab work in it. There are a ton of really cheap drag parts for blasters.

·
From The Stix 2 Da Brix
11,616 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Couldn't I make the 200cc 2 stroke faster than the 125 from the YZ?

·
Registered
4,133 Posts
125's are pretty damn fast. Maybe a blaster motor with a 240 kit. Maybe. You'd be better of buildin a blaster or puttin a 250 2 stroke motor in a blaster. Forget about doin shit to the 80. It would be cool, I get why you wanna do it but it just doesn't make sense.

·
From The Stix 2 Da Brix
11,616 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

·
Registered
4,133 Posts
i quit smoking also. i smoked a pack a day, sometimes a pack and a half. im saving about $180 a month! probably over $200, i didnt take into account going to bars on the weekend when id smoke 2 packs each night :lol: but you wont believe how much better youll feel. you can breathe, you dont stink, going up stairs or anything physical doesnt make you winded. only bad thing is your food intake will double if not triple. and it sucks drinkin beer without a smokey, so i still smoke when i drink but thats only time. keep up the no smokin man. its hard but if i can do it theres no reason why you cant.

·
From The Stix 2 Da Brix
11,616 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks for the support bro! I can do it everyday gets easier it's just hard to sleep at night cause I also quit the meds doctor gave me cause they make me drozzy hungover.

·
Registered
836 Posts
Couldn't I make the 200cc 2 stroke faster than the 125 from the YZ?
The YZ engine is way more powerful and faster than the 200 blaster motor for a few reasons:

A. It's liquid cooled
B. They YZ is a motocross bike, so the engine is tuned for a big powerband and very rapid acceleration
C. There is tons of aftermarket support for a YZ 125 engine. The blaster has it's fair share as well, but I think there are just more choices with the YZ.

·
From The Stix 2 Da Brix
11,616 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
The YZ engine is way more powerful and faster than the 200 blaster motor for a few reasons:

A. It's liquid cooled
B. They YZ is a motocross bike, so the engine is tuned for a big powerband and very rapid acceleration
C. There is tons of aftermarket support for a YZ 125 engine. The blaster has it's fair share as well, but I think there are just more choices with the YZ.
Do you think it's possible to put a 125yz in the 80 frame? I know an ecellent fabber. And would you go +8 or longer out back custom swinger of coarse. I wanna run 20" haulers on it.

·
Registered
836 Posts
Lots and lots and lots of fabrication work, but i'm definitely sure it's possible. You just need to find all the right parts. If you can get a +8 swing arm, go for it. But it's things like the axle that you need to worry about, since the stock 80 axle is attached to the ring gear inside the differential, where would you find a rear axle that would work with a YZ 125 motor, and fit your +8 swinger, wherever you would get that from?
Another thing is, how about the kick starter? where would you get a shorter kicker that would let you do a full kick without anything getting in the way of it?
Just little shit like that, that can be the biggest problems to your hopes and dreams lol

·
From The Stix 2 Da Brix
11,616 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Blaster axle cut and narrowed or a custom jj And a. Hell we could push start it if I gotta lol. The axle swinger is one the biggest problems. Then finding proper gear combo not to high not to low. I'll pull start it with truck lol. I bet it'd be a real head turner!

·
Registered
836 Posts
Blaster axle cut and narrowed or a custom jj And a. Hell we could push start it if I gotta lol. The axle swinger is one the biggest problems. Then finding proper gear combo not to high not to low. I'll pull start it with truck lol. I bet it'd be a real head turner!
It would definitely get my attention :wow:
I think you should win an award for having the first 2 stroke Raptor :metal:

·
From The Stix 2 Da Brix
11,616 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
It's just sitting at house kids bored with it I'm moving him up to a yz85 then make a fast toy outta raptor 80. How would a big3 700 explain getting whooped on in 300' by a 80 lol. :grin:

1 - 20 of 27 Posts