Raptor Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
2011 RF Fantasy FootBall Champ
883 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 08 kfx-450 and thinking of going to a banshee. I only dune ride and have a drag bike so this would be for just playing around on. Thinking of a 421 4 mill or something a little bigger. What should i be looking for?

·
Registered
1,450 Posts
bigrig, that is one of the coolest videos I've watched. Badass drag bike indeed!
Makes me embarrassed of my ride. Thanks a lot:(

·
THE SAND DUNES HAVE RULES ----- "Follow Them"-
732 Posts
Put some KX cams & a FCI intake no air box, & a DASA on that KFX and you will have a great dune quad. By the way when you were riding your KFX at last years raptor ralley I noticed yours sounds totally different then both my brothers KFX's. Whats done to yours. John.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Everyones different, but I have a banshee and its a fun bike to ride. I still like riding my 450 better for general riding. My shee is a 4mil and its great for racing and tree shots but other then that it stays in my trailer.

·
Registered
43 Posts
please keep your kawasaki kfx, they are great bikes!

·
Registered
4,140 Posts

·
Registered
252 Posts
If you have the money, there is a company out there that makes a fuel injection kit for the Banshee, arcticle I saw said it made 87hp.

·
Registered
252 Posts
Yeah, lots of engine work, but the fuel injection kit itself will give 10% gain overall by itself. Plus, you still get all the advantages:

low emmissions
better fuel economy
never have to re-jet
better top end horsepower
better low end torque
smoother powerband

http://www.highgaintuning.com/product_p/gen500pfi.htm

This kit is for a single, but they should be able to accomodate a twin

·
Registered
252 Posts
You are correct, it was JSR, and it is a $2,000 kit. I was considering the HGT kit, until they told me I would have to have a battery and charging coil. It is alot to consider, maybe one day. Probably could mount a LT230 battery box behind the seat/under the grab bar. You could probably make room for the chaging coil under the seat. Then you would have to mount the control box somewhere on the frame.

·
883 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
bigrig, that is one of the coolest videos I've watched. Badass drag bike indeed!
Makes me embarrassed of my ride. Thanks a lot:(
thanks, It has came a long ways. The sad fact is that i have yet to ride it more than 15 min.

·
883 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Put some KX cams & a FCI intake no air box, & a DASA on that KFX and you will have a great dune quad. By the way when you were riding your KFX at last years raptor ralley I noticed yours sounds totally different then both my brothers KFX's. Whats done to yours. John.
stock with the lid off.

·
883 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
WTF BIG RIG....LOL keep the kawi, you just have to have somethin to tinker with don't you!

on a side note, did you get that job you were goin for at the last rally?
nope, guess i should have stayed at the rally.

·
Registered
36 Posts
I'd do anything to ride my banshee again. 87' with Serval porting and bored .40 over. It was radical:eek: Sadly the only thing that was tight on the quad was the motor. Bought for $1,200 and sold for $1,900. Pennsylvania has a high demand for Banshees thanks to more than half of them ending up in Downtown Philly.

Anyway, this thread is old but hopefully you get a chance to ride one because they are an absolute blast.

·
Registered
1,450 Posts
If it takes 4 strokes, she's too ugly!

·
Registered
7,128 Posts
I'd do anything to ride my banshee again. 87' with Serval porting and bored .40 over. It was radical:eek: Sadly the only thing that was tight on the quad was the motor. Bought for $1,200 and sold for $1,900. Pennsylvania has a high demand for Banshees thanks to more than half of them ending up in Downtown Philly.

Anyway, this thread is old but hopefully you get a chance to ride one because they are an absolute blast.
You bored a Serval cylinder?

1 - 20 of 22 Posts