Raptor Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
1,334 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok so the time has come to do some modding to the 06 700. So was just going to get some of your thoughts on what I was planning and any ideas you may have.

1st off-LTE Duals http://www.lteracing.com/dualexhaust.htm#Yamaha

2nd-UM Aluminum Air Box set up with Oversized K&N Filter
http://www.partsforatvs.com/default.asp?p=1889&c=1533&cn=M3Q+RAPTOR+700+POWER

3rd-Dobeck Performance TFI Box
http://www.partsforatvs.com/default.asp?p=1776&c=954&cn=M3Q+RAPTOR+POWER

and then non performance

1st-Yamaha AC Racing Race Black-Line Pro Pegs
http://www.partsforatvs.com/default.asp?p=1786&c=1033&cn=M3Q+YFZ450+NERF+BARS+&+BUMPERS

2nd-Yamaha Full Chasis Skid Plates AC
https://www.partsforatvs.com/default.asp?p=2179&c=1032&cn=M3Q+YFZ450+SKID+PLATES

which I was thinking of just buying the LTE package that comes with the FI controller. Also was planning on buying this all at one time here in a week or two.

·
Registered
912 Posts
posted by strokeraptor "Did a dyno on different four exhausts same modes. I have a Crower cam shaft, out of the box filter, big bore 734 trinity, power commander and a ported cylinder head. Trinity exhaust was the worst performer came at 52 BHP, Spark Big Core and LTE Duals were close at 54 BHP, Rocket factory drag Exhaust pulled 56.5 BHP.( All on same modes and by the way stock compression 9.2)" You can go with sparks pipe and get the some results while saving some money. The sparks pipe is louder but if sound isn't an issue, you'll be good to go.

·
Registered
177 Posts
You'd best steer clear of the aluminum air box - some reports of fatigue cracking at the mounts. It's a lot of cash for something that's likely to break. I don't think there's any hp advantage, either (compared to lid off stock box or modified lid/box).

·
Registered
1,678 Posts
raptorsquid said:
You'd best steer clear of the aluminum air box - some reports of fatigue cracking at the mounts. It's a lot of cash for something that's likely to break. I don't think there's any hp advantage, either (compared to lid off stock box or modified lid/box).
I agree. Just get a pro design or gytr filter setup and take your stock lid off. Saves cash and will probably be the same power wise. 8)

·
Registered
1,334 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ok thanks for the input on the air box. Striking that one off the list but should I just remove the lid or is it worth buying the lid that is a prefilter?

·
Registered
657 Posts
Since I am in about the same spot. Sparks says the Big Core is for built motors so, is that going to hurt you on a stock motor or am I going to get the same results compared to LTE as I don't plan on going into the motor.

Jay

·
Registered
912 Posts
Sparks told me the big core was worth 1 additional hp over the standard core. I've had it for over a year now and nothing's hurt on my stock motor. 8)

·
Registered
1,678 Posts
06700GUY said:
Ok thanks for the input on the air box. Striking that one off the list but should I just remove the lid or is it worth buying the lid that is a prefilter?
What kind of riding do you do? If you do alot of sand or mud/water I would get a lid filter like the pro tec but if you dont do alot of those mentioned then I would run no lid with an outerwears on the filter like the one that comes with the pro design intake kit.

·
Registered
584 Posts

·
Registered
177 Posts
Duals seem to give a broader powerband which is what you want. They can also be quieted down w/o losing as much power as a single since there's two outlets to handle the airflow. The DMC's have a better fit and finish, the LTE's seem to be engineered better, with a continuously stepped pipe which gives the broadest powerband. Depends what your looking for.

·
Registered
262 Posts
CAROLINA_700R said:
posted by strokeraptor "Did a dyno on different four exhausts same modes. I have a Crower cam shaft, out of the box filter, big bore 734 trinity, power commander and a ported cylinder head. Trinity exhaust was the worst performer came at 52 BHP, Spark Big Core and LTE Duals were close at 54 BHP, Rocket factory drag Exhaust pulled 56.5 BHP.( All on same modes and by the way stock compression 9.2)" You can go with sparks pipe and get the some results while saving some money. The sparks pipe is louder but if sound isn't an issue, you'll be good to go.
Crower makes Camshafts for the 700?

·
Premium Member
6,553 Posts
With that price it should be a billet one instead of a regrind- which is what I expect from Crower and what Ive been waiting on :grin_nod:. Im not a fan of regrinds.......

·
Registered
262 Posts
I looked up the part number and didn't get anything...I can't believe they cost 370 bucks thats crazy I thought I paid alot giving up 200 for a cam and 149 for springs...guess I was wrong lol

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
interesting to hear about the crower for the 700.....wonder how it will compare to the web!

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
raptorsquid said:
Duals seem to give a broader powerband which is what you want. They can also be quieted down w/o losing as much power as a single since there's two outlets to handle the airflow. The DMC's have a better fit and finish, the LTE's seem to be engineered better, with a continuously stepped pipe which gives the broadest powerband. Depends what your looking for.
+1 :thumbsup:

1 - 20 of 22 Posts