Raptor Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is a question for quadriders who run with a traitech vapor.

What settings should be programed into the vapor for a Raptor 700

ppr:
pulse:
ppr2:
shiftlight1:
shiftlight2:
wheel size in millimeters
Tachometer at idel ?
Tachometer reved up ? as mine does not go not go much past 3000 rpm.

Thanks Anthony.

·
Registered
767 Posts
How long ago did you buy your vapor? How was the red wire of the tach lead installed?

You should see somewhere in the neighborhood of 1600-1800 rpm at idle with a fluctuation of 50-100 rpm. Tach should rev to 8000rpm no problem.

·
Registered
610 Posts
I just ran through my Vapor's computer and here's what I have:

ppr: 0.5
pulse: 0
ppr2: Didn't see this
shiftlight1: Don't use
shiftlight2: Don't use
wheel size in millimeters 1642 with GNCC 22" wheels. edit: I mean TIRES ::)
Tachometer at idel ? Idles between 1750 - 1920
Tachometer reved up ? as mine does not go not go much past 3000 rpm.
Call TrailTech if you don't have the fix we've talked about (new rpm sensor wire with resistor and have it hooked to the front of the coil)

Hope this is a start for you :)

·
Vendor - Rip Ass Connoisseur & Turbo Junkie
733 Posts
pacanis said:

Interesting my PPR is 1.0 maybe thats why your tach isnt working or is my tach not working properly? I havent been thrilled with this unit....as a matter of fact I will most likely take it off when my bike gets back from Kenz......

Mike

·
Registered
610 Posts
Shredder said:
pacanis said:

Interesting my PPR is 1.0 maybe thats why your tach isnt working or is my tach not working properly? I havent been thrilled with this unit....as a matter of fact I will most likely take it off when my bike gets back from Kenz......

Mike
I consider my tach working a lot better now than the previous 6 or so months. Enough so that I would call the tach problem fixed.... I don't remember what they had me set the PPR to originally. It was either 1 or .5, but I do remember some members having either their PPR or pulse set differently than what TT had me set mine to :unsure:

Still, without the resistor in the sensor wire AND having it hooked directly to the coil, it didn't work worth crap. And one of TT's first fixes was changing the setting around in the computer ::)

·
Registered
767 Posts
Yes the .5 PPR setting is for the resitor tach wire on the updated units. All other units use 1 PPR.

·
Registered
767 Posts
yes

·
Registered
137 Posts
I was thinking about purchasing one of these. You guys having trouble with them? Not worth the price? I am also concerned about the handlebar clamp mount for the computer, wont that block the indicator lights?

·
Registered
786 Posts
I bought the new clamp and bars also so I dont know about the bar clamp that comes with it. But I can see the indicator lights over the new clamp mount.

·
Registered
786 Posts
Ok I got most everything but the temp sensor installed tonight. Ran the power wires straight to the battery. Ran the tach ground to the battery. I notched the plastic dust sheild on the rotor so I can leave it on, and ziptied the lead to the lower a-arm for the speedo. Tach seemed to work fine. I have to measure the front tire and install the temp sensor. Probly finish it up tomorrow night.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Thanks for the help .5 setting made the difference all is working ok :thumbsup:.As i was told to use 1.. NO GOOD.

Thanks Anthony.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts