Raptor Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, I was recently trying to change my oil on my 02 raptor 660. I would like to mention it has a UM Aluminum Oil Tank on it. Dont kow if that matters or not. But, I took out my dipstick and oil came out of the dipstick hole and I noticed it was a bit thin. I then smelled it and it smelled like gas! what could be causing this? Thanks, in advance.

·
Registered
371 Posts
i just had that problem, but just the part where it pours out the hole,

it was because i overfilled it, it was way over what was suppose to be in there. but the gas smeill i think would be rings.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
If it's the rings, wouldn't it smoke, lose compression, not idol right, and loser power?all of those check out just fine. NOt to say it's not the rings, but if so... How exactly can I tell?

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
What should they run? around 180 or so?

·
Super Moderator
17,061 Posts
Should be around 180, but with the decomp setup expect around 130.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Sounds like float needles in carbs have been leaking fuel passed them(while engine is off)& overflowing into the crankcase.You should always turn the fuel off when stopped,especially when transporting.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
yea since it's happened I've been running it with the fuel off until it dies to make sure it's all flushed. I believe that was the problem. thanks alot all on the help.

·
Registered
348 Posts
My 02 660 does that when I forget to turn fuel off for transport, I ahve heard that this can also happen if you are running extremely rich fuel mixture, but I would think it would have to run really crappy if its rich enough to wash past the rings when running.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts