Raptor Forum banner
1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
2,121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
once again guys i need your help... so i finnaly got to take my head of and see how bad it is seized... the part of the spark plug that is in the motor was totally crushed together (no gap, nothing) with a wrench i tried to move it whole engine. it will only move about 1/2 a turn each way and then its totally rock solid.. like i said before, right before it totaly stopped runing it had a very heavy knocking noise... hit me with what you think..
thanks again, you guys rock!

·
I am unique
22,621 Posts
once again guys i need your help... so i finnaly got to take my head of and see how bad it is seized... the part of the spark plug that is in the motor was totally crushed together (no gap, nothing) with a wrench i tried to move it whole engine. it will only move about 1/2 a turn each way and then its totally rock solid.. like i said before, right before it totaly stopped runing it had a very heavy knocking noise... hit me with what you think..
thanks again, you guys rock!
You broke a valve..............and smashed the piston and probably bent the rod...........and this is what it can look like.............

·
Registered
2,121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
so how much in parts roughly to fix it?? and thanks willykiller, you have helped me out so much on all my posts

·
I am unique
22,621 Posts
so how much in parts roughly to fix it?? and thanks willykiller, you have helped me out so much on all my posts
In my case, I lost the new head, worth at least 1500 dollars, 5 valves, a piston and rod and the cylinder was garbage..............

·
Registered
6,002 Posts
It is not the same stuff I use...................:D
Yeah I would be in the same boat a Willy there. I would prolly take a gun and just shoot myself lol. I have when I see them pics makes me cringe....:eek: Your best bet might be to look at a new motor and part yours if anything is still good. You might get lucky and only have to fix the valves and piston. This is what happened to my raptor(Before it was mine it belonged to a friend) and only had a piston and valves to fix.

·
I am unique
22,621 Posts
my #s are pretty reasonable id think...nothing fancy in parts, but should get him back riding...idk if its worth it though
I'm just yanking your chain, i'm sure you are being realistic also, but you can have an expensive build and something can go wrong.................

·
Registered
2,121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
wow thanks guys.... thats a little more money than i was expecting oh well!! im at 686cc right now. should i bump her up to 700cc??

·
Registered
2,121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
so if im looking at 1500 in parts should i just by a new raptor (one in my area) and part out this one?? the one in my area is only 2300.

·
Registered
2,121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
how do i get the timing chain and cam off?

·
Registered
6,002 Posts
Take out the tensioner on the cylinder. It will put some slack in the chain to get the cam out. The tensioner is on the left side of the quad(when sitting on it) right on the cylinder. If you are replacing the timing chain the you will have to continue to pull the stator cover and flywheel-oneway and then you can take out the timing chain. Its easy don't let tearing down a motor scare you. Just take you time and it will go fine. Good Luck

·
Registered
2,121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
thanks, ill work in it later tonight.. and i will for sure let you guys know whats wrong, and post pictures if i can figure out how!

·
Registered
2,121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
thats what im thinking.. so if i do buy all of those parts, you think i should replace the bearings?? if thats the case, im probably better off buying a new one in good cond. if i did that i would swap out my yoshi exhaust on that one... there arent any tranny problems on the 2002's right? just 01?

1 - 20 of 46 Posts