Raptor Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello guys, I hope you are all fine. I have a couple questions:

1) I want to know what you think about this Ported Throttle Body work, I asked for +3 on my stock TB, but Im not sure if its +3 or not. I attach some photos with my stock TB on the left side and Ported TB on the right side I think the plate is the same diameter as the stock and its not bigger, what do you think? Also I notice the rubber Intake boot wich conect the TB to the Engine Head its not trimmed, so its a step there, how I should trim the boot? what tools I should use? and its easy? I dont want to mess and ruin the boot, I never made it before.
2) I have Prodesign Proflow Intake Kit the alluminium billet and foam air filter I noticed the Alluminium billet its quite thick on the bottom side. Do you think it will worth If I send it to port or bore to allow more airflow? I think I can take out about 1/2 inch on that thick wall. It will worth the effort?
3) I have the Autotune on my bike with Big 3 (Empire Full Exhaust, PCV wiht Ignition, Prodesign Intake kit and foam filter, aibox Lid OFF) and the showed Ported Throttle Body and a Custom Camshaft (slightly better than HC3), what Air/Fuel tarjet I should go? I have 13.2 in all RPM and 13.0 from 60% throttle and 6000RPM to 100% and 9500RPM. I was told by a dyno guy I should go A/F Target 12.5. But In other post I read Raptor 700 make the most performance on A/F Taget 13.5. So, whichone is the rightone?

I will be waiting for your help guys, Thank you!

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,626 Posts
When a throttle body is bored, the center is bored 3mm and it’s then tapered to the ends. If you don’t trust the work, take it apart and measure the bore with an inside micrometer, or just compare the throttle plate size.

Put the boot on the head, Mark the boot from the head side. Put the boot on the throttle body, mark the boot from that side. Use a die grinder or dremel tool to grind the taper into the boot.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank you guys for your reply, any knowledge about the best AFR Target to be set in the Autotune? Thank you

·
Registered
906 Posts
13.2 is a good place to start.

·
I may be getting older, but I refuse to grow up!
11,259 Posts
I have 13.2 in all RPM and 13.0 from 60% throttle and 6000RPM to 100% and 9500RPM. I was told by a dyno guy I should go A/F Target 12.5. But In other post I read Raptor 700 make the most performance on A/F Taget 13.5. So, whichone is the rightone?

I will be waiting for your help guys, Thank you!
13.5 is real lean and should only be used at idle, never for power. Yes, lean will make more power, but at the expense of motor longevity.

·
Registered
906 Posts
I wouldn’t go any higher than 13.2 unless you are using a dyno to monitor it in real-time. Even then though...I’d consider more performance mods rather than go more lean!

Reactions: DEZPERADO

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thank you guys, you tell it very clear. So, what about the TB? how much power a +3 TB itself should it give on a Big 3 and HC3? because as I said before Im not sure my TB is now a +3TB (looks like a +3 on the engine side, +1 on the Intake side and stock plate) and I will not diasalmble all and redo the work on the TB and also port the Intake Billet If I will only make +1 HP. Just want to know if it will worth the effort. (I must to do it by myself and never did it before) Thank you!

By the way If someone have a +3 TB photos it will be great to measure it to compare with mine.

·
11,259 Posts
You're worrying about the wrong measurements. The only thing that matters is the size at the throttle plate, and thru to the intake.. That's where you measure. The rest of your measurements don't matter, as it's up to the machinist how he wants to blend the opening.

·
Registered
906 Posts
It’s pretty hard to tell, as a +3 is only a bit over a tenth of an inch bigger. Your tb def has had some kind of work done to it. You’ll have it measure more accurately.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
You're worrying about the wrong measurements. The only thing that matters is the size at the throttle plate, and thru to the intake.. That's where you measure. The rest of your measurements don't matter, as it's up to the machinist how he wants to blend the opening.
So, just to be sure I understand correctly you mean the AirFilter side of the TB dont matter much the diameter? it only matters the size of the plate and the Engine side of the TB? In the engine side it was bored almost +5mm wide but only about 1 inch or less in depth inside the TB.

·
Registered
906 Posts
The only part that matters is the butterfly plate itself. The rest is irrelevant.

·
11,259 Posts
Measure the throttle plate. I've seen some that were 3.5mm. It's possible some are more. YOU need to have this talk with your machinist so HE can explain and show what he did. You're not giving us the information we ask for, so go talk to him.

·
Registered
906 Posts
You’re welcome

1 - 16 of 16 Posts