Raptor Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Should I go with a bored TB? +2, or +3?

Hey, I've seen a few people here running the bored throttle bodies but I haven't read any disscusions on them. I've seen TQS offers the service at a reasonable price. What kind of benefits can one expect from this mod as in HP tq increase and rideability. Also should I go with +2 or +3? My mods are barkers, FCI w/box, and this winter doing HC2, 11:1 piston and either PC5 or msd blaster. Thanks.

·
Registered
1,346 Posts
+3mm, ride ability is same as stock. Very very minimal loss on the low end if any. You should see a couple hp increase especially on the high end of the rpm range, throttle response is a bit snappier, these motors respond very well to bigger throttle bodies which leads me to believe they are very corked up from stock

·
Premium Member
3,997 Posts
We havent seen much losses in the lower RPM with a +3 over a +2mm. So basically bigger top end gain with the +3mm and same lower end. I'd go +3mm for this very reason.

I got a fresh batch of cores in stock today. Both years.

·
Registered
728 Posts
I have a +2 on my 07, the only reason I have that is cause I bought from a member used and the price was right. If I were to do it over again, I would get the +3.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts