Raptor Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i bought a 2002 660 from a buddy of mine a couple mnths ago on the cheap....he told me it needed a few things....got it all up and running and thought it ran pretty decent but didnt have alot of top end to it....been running it about a mnth this way and today i was out riding and just happened to notice the the throttle limiter screw was turned almost all the way in....turned it out so i could get full throttle and went for a ride.....WOW what a difference....just the way a 660 should run now.....i feel even better about getting it for $900 now

·
Master of the Electron
15,065 Posts
LOL, what on simple screw can do, eh?

Now it's time to download the manual and start really playing!

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
well it already has a big bore kit and a stage 2 hotcam in it so for now im ok....the only thing i can think of is that they turned the screw in for engine break in and never turned it back out

·
I am unique
22,621 Posts
This is kind of funny, first time I ever heard a screw holding you back............lol

·
Registered
6,985 Posts
:rofl: Every now and then I screw my brother's in to fuck with him before our first ride on a dune trip... SOOOOO funny to see him get pissed halfway up a dune thinking his bike isn't running right :lol: Happy to hear you're enjoying some real power now lol :beer:

·
Master of the Electron
15,065 Posts
BTW, thanks for the reminder - this is often overlooked when someone posts 'my Raptor just doesn't seem to have much power.' Should be the first thing to check.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
i completely agree.....i happened on it my chance....i never would have thought to look at it and all i have really ridden before was 450s so i didnt really know how much power they should have...totally different quad with full throttle...love meing able to pull wheelies in second gear with no effort

·
Registered
435 Posts
mine is missing will that cause a problem?

·
Registered
6,985 Posts
Nope, just keeps the throttle from being able to be pushed all the way. Might wanna plug it with a small screw or something just to keep dirt/mud/sand out, but other than that - nothin to worry about.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts