Raptor Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
815 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys, i am almost positive my TPS is BAD.... I know many of you have had this problem, so i looking for some help... - - What happened to your bike when your TPS went bad.... My bike is running like crap at low RPMs.... once i get above like half throttle my bikes runs better.... But still not great.... I have the PCIII, and i went threw alot of water on saturday.... so i am sure that water got on the wire (where the PCIII uses the piece of crap little plastic clip)... and ruined fried the TPS.... - - do you all think that the TPS is my problem ? ? i am almost positive that it is...

So i need to order one... i was looking on powerpartsplus.com , and i couldnt find anything called "Throttle Positioning Sensor".... all i could find was the "Throttle Body Sensor" - - is that the TPS ? ? - - Maybe a link to where i can buy this, or at least get the ID # so when i call my dealer, i can make sure they order the correct part...

Thanks again guys...
Plattner

·
Registered
899 Posts
sounds like what happend to me when my TPS went out. My TPS had slight white corrosion on the pins, hard to start, puffed smoke in the 1/4 throttle range. Only ran normal when pinned. There was a guy over on Bluetraxx that sold me mine . His name was DOM4204 or something like that.He gave it to me for well under MSRP. Even when I checked the resistance it was in spec. The voltage is what was screwy on mine. I dont have anything tapped into my TPS wire though. Just follow the manual and you will be fine. You will need some security torx bits and a multi meter. Oh, don’t forget the di-electric grease.

·
Registered
815 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
alright thanks guys.... Ya Bo i am going to take a look at that tmrw... i thought about that after we got off the phone tonight.... it might just be a bad connection....
StuntPunk - Thank you very much.... That is the piece i thought it was... that was the piece i was looking at on powerpartsplus.com . . . so i will check my PCIII-TPS connection.... and then probably order a new TPS...
Was it hard to install ? ?
Anymore info you all can give me, will be greatly appreciated....

Plattner

·
Registered
91 Posts
i wouldnt jump to any tps purchace yet. it is very expensive first off. i had the same problem about two months ago. same symptoms.i took it to the dealership to get a diagnostics on it about 35$.everything came back ok. so i thought it was my pcIII.put my buddies on my bike and it did the same thing. so after hours and hours of fiddiling i fixed it. it was one of two things that i did that fixed it. well i took the clip of of the injector and i saw a little water in the plug. i dried it out with a hair dried for about a hour. and the second thing i did was when i went to plug the clip back into the injector i accidently turned the plug (at the top of the injector) about 30 degrees.i actually thought i broke it but i didnt ,that plug does turn. i plugged the clip back in and it ran great again. i dont know if it is the same thing that is wrong with yours but it it is worth trying for free. i do know that tps =$$$$$ good luck

·
Registered
2,017 Posts
As of now the dealer said My issu with my bike running extremely rich out of the blue was do to the TPS. Since I ahd changed my own oil there is no eveidence of the previous situation where gas was in the oil. Well they are going to replace it and adjust my valves and have it back for Saturday.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.