Raptor Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have a raptor bought it a couple months back and when i start it up its gotta ticking noise even when u drive the ticking gets faster when u rev it could it be the timeing chain it does all the time in netrual or driveing. my dad is comeing back from iraq so i wanna go rideing with him so i need to get fixed asap

·
I am unique
22,621 Posts
i have a raptor bought it a couple months back and when i start it up its gotta ticking noise even when u drive the ticking gets faster when u rev it could it be the timeing chain it does all the time in netrual or driveing. my dad is comeing back from iraq so i wanna go rideing with him so i need to get fixed asap
Start with adjusting the valve lash, .0035'' intakes and .0055'' on the exhaust.....

·
GIVE'ER SUM
569 Posts
i have the same noise as you i think so i had valves adjusted and the noise is still there. yama shop told me timin chain and/or timin chain slack adjuster. just my 2 cents

·
Premium Member
3,166 Posts
its an automatic adjuster so that either not the problem or its so far warn you need to replace the chain or both

·
I am unique
22,621 Posts
As Tommy said, they are automatic, but I have seen them break, so they wont lock up anymore, just keep spring pressure,and with the engine running, the chain would slap...............as is it was at the end of the tensioners travel................

1 - 9 of 9 Posts