Raptor Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
can somebody provide me with some good instructions and or pics on how to tighten the chain?
This is gonna be pretty much as detailed as I can get, if you're standing behind your quad and look down at the axle and swing arm there is a big cylinder that is connected to your swing arm that your axle goes through this is called your rear bearing carrier there is an upper and lower bolt on it that runs the same way as the axle and is about 6.5 inches long one is on top the other on bottom crack them both loose just loose don't remove them once that is done there are 2 small bolts running perpindicular to the bolts you just loosened turn those clock wise until there is about an inch of play in the chain then tighten everything and you're done!!

·
Registered
229 Posts
look for the screws that are going towards the front of the bike with alignment marks (little notches) also move the bike wheels to were the chain is the tightest and measure from there.

·
Registered
7,128 Posts
I will get some pics for you and start a new thread.

Step 1. Loosen those two bolts, and jam nuts that are on the carrier. They are o the bottom, just above the skid plate mounts. Then, loosen the two huge, long bolts that hold on the housing.

Step 2. Push the carrier all the way toward the bike. The chain will become very loose. Pop off the clip with a screwdriver, pop off that spacer thing, and get a punch and remove the link.

Step 3. Clean it

Step 4. Place chain around rollers, and the front sprocket, if you place the end of the chain in the rear sprocket it will stay. Then, pull all the slack out of the chain. And install the link, spacer, and the clip. Make sure that the clip is in goood. I had one pop off while I was riding once, and I was lucky enough to get back home with put the chain flying off.

Step 5. Once the chain is together... Put the jam nut all the way to the back of the bolt. Then, tighten the bolt as far in as you can while in spec of the chain slack. Then, when you are satisfied with the ammount of slack, tighten the two big bolts. Then, go ride

1 - 6 of 6 Posts