Raptor Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
2008 SMX Series Champion HO
2,679 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:( About 90% of my roller bearings on my chain have come off or are split and still hangin on the chain, I can't even get it tight really, too bad yammy is closed today bein Sunday.

·
Registered
1,346 Posts
yeah bro i think that chain is really hosed, it should have been replaced logn before now. or it could be that the rappy had sooooo much power it litterialy destroyed the chain on the first ride!!! :thumbsup:

·
2,679 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Prolly quite a bit of hours......I've had it 8 months and ride everyday since then. I just put 18" HoleShots on the rear and ran them all weekend long, this thing is rippin hard now, perhaps all that extra wheel spin and jumps is blowin the chain up, I'll get a new one. Dang thing fell off 3 times today at the track.

·
2,679 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'm lookin for a new chain and Yamaha wants $155.00 for a new one, ebay I found chain and sprocket kits for as low as $65.00 plus s/h wtf ? :3question: Anybody on here bought a replacement for theres yet ? I wanna good deal but don't want to buy low quality. Any sponsors here have good deals or somethin for sale ? I also see 98link chains on ebay for $45 for the 660.....the 700 chain has 98 links, will it work fine ? or different sized links ?

·
Registered
153 Posts
As long as you get the same load rating chain as the stock and a 520 o-ring like stock, you should be fine. I purchased my chain from rocky mtn atv for less than 80 bucks for 120 links. Length for swing arm, not stock.

·
Registered
963 Posts
go with sidewinder the have a kit for new sprockets and chain and they say it has a lifetime warranty so it will be the last you ever have to buy

·
Registered
209 Posts
If you
bxofrox said:
go with sidewinder the have a kit for new sprockets and chain and they say it has a lifetime warranty so it will be the last you ever have to buy
Yeah, if you need to replace your chain, you need to replace the sprockets, too. Anyone know what Sidewinder kits go for?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts