Raptor Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know that my rappy needs a rebuild but I have got a few questions. First of all, what is a good cam chain? Is a wiseco chain better than a stock one? Second, would there be much difference between 9.9:1 and 11:1 pistons? Third, what do you think about used pistons? You can find some slightly used pistons for much cheaper but that doesnt seem like a good idea to me. And last, what are my options for the decomp dealio? I would like to keep the decomp but who makes better pins or whatever you need? I know bigdaddy does but it sounds like you cant get a hold of him. Sorry for all the questions but I have never rebuilt a 4-stroke.

·
Super Moderator
17,058 Posts
I just use the stock cam chain.

Yes, go for the 11:1 if you have 91-93 octane readily available.

By the time you buy a used piston then a new set of rings and a wrisptin you're probably not far from the cost of new. If you can get a good deal and the piston is in great shape then by all means consider it. But if the price is close I'd rather just buy new.

BigDaddy660 is who you want to talk to about decomp. The options have been posted many times, in fact there was a thread discussing it just this past week somewhere in the 660 sections. He's around, but not all the time. Some patience will help on that front ;)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts