Raptor Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
right now i'm running barker duals, velocity intake, ehs racing programmer, and 15t...but now im really considering throwing in a HC2 or 3....and a dynatek ignition....the only thing is, idk anything about these ignitions...they have them from 161$ to 250 somethin on ebay...idk what the differences are, and should i get the coil kit too?...and also how much power would i be looking at gaining with the cam and igntion?....thanks

·
Registered
1,516 Posts
right now i'm running barker duals, velocity intake, ehs racing programmer, and 15t...but now im really considering throwing in a HC2 or 3....and a dynatek ignition....the only thing is, idk anything about these ignitions...they have them from 161$ to 250 somethin on ebay...idk what the differences are, and should i get the coil kit too?...and also how much power would i be looking at gaining with the cam and igntion?....thanks
Hey man,

For about the same price as the dynatek you can get a high compression piston... TQS has a sale on their pump safe tech piston right now it's like 190$. Since you'll have the engine open to install the cam, might as well do the piston at the same time it's just a few more simple steps. IMHO you'll get more out of a HC3/piston combo than a cam/dynatek combo.

Lots of people say the HC3 should be done with a piston and HC2 if you don't go for the piston. That's another reason to do both at the same time IMHO.

As for the dynatek, there is a non-programmable model for ~150 and the programmable model for ~250. The programmable model is best used with the DL maps and that's another extra (not sure how much but he sells them pre-programmed). I'm using the base model and I'm not overly impressed, can't say I noticed a significant difference on performance. It increased my cut-off a but but meh. I should have got the programmable.

I dunno about the coil, never used it and I haven't heard much about it on here. IMHO the stock one is fine, I'd only change it if it broke on me.

·
Banned
2,642 Posts
Hey man,

For about the same price as the dynatek you can get a high compression piston... TQS has a sale on their pump safe tech piston right now it's like 190$. Since you'll have the engine open to install the cam, might as well do the piston at the same time it's just a few more simple steps. IMHO you'll get more out of a HC3/piston combo than a cam/dynatek combo.

Lots of people say the HC3 should be done with a piston and HC2 if you don't go for the piston. That's another reason to do both at the same time IMHO.

As for the dynatek, there is a non-programmable model for ~150 and the programmable model for ~250. The programmable model is best used with the DL maps and that's another extra (not sure how much but he sells them pre-programmed). I'm using the base model and I'm not overly impressed, can't say I noticed a significant difference on performance. It increased my cut-off a but but meh. I should have got the programmable.

I dunno about the coil, never used it and I haven't heard much about it on here. IMHO the stock one is fine, I'd only change it if it broke on me.

+1 on the piston. Im saving up for the tech 11.5:1 cp piston with hc3, the 11.5:1 is the the highest compression piston you can go and sill run pump gas.

·
Registered
415 Posts
also depends on where you ride. if you ride woods, or very tight, muddy, technical terrain the hc2 would be better. now if your always bouncin of the rev limiter than the hc 3 would be better. tech 11.5:1 piston is great!! max comp on pumps with any cam is a big jump in acceleration. i think an ignition should be for anyone who needs more after doing everything else they can do, but i'm just a woods guy so power is only as good as the rider. which is why i need alot to make up for my shitty riding. :lol:

·
Registered
100 Posts
i did the hc3/ cp tech piston the same time , installed it myself using info off this form/u tube videos and i am very pleased with the results. cam and piston first for sure. If u can adjust your valves u can install a cam/piston, loctite for the cam bolts and proper torque specs is important

1 - 10 of 10 Posts