Raptor Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey All,

Just got this bike a few months ago, put a bit of money and a ton of time into it... The issue i am having is it quit on me while i was out riding it, and now it won't run.

I have no spark, No error codes, and it turns over fine.

it has a power commander 3, that does not appear to be working.. has no power..

I have tried a new spark plug, checked all the fuses, and connections...

So will this quad run if the PC3 is not working?

I'd like to have a running quad to sell, but i don't have high hopes..

Thanks in advance.

Donald

·
Administrator
9,165 Posts
Remove the PC3 and see if it fires up. Easy enough to remove the plugs and put back to stock.

Reactions: t web2007

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I just did that, and it fired right up, and i mean right up... best start i have ever seen it do.. so that Tuner must have been on it's way out.. we got some nice -40 nights here, wonder if that's what did it in.. Now the next big question, it has a K&N filter only and a barker dual exhaust, i am gonna need to go back to the stock exhaust aren't i. or get another tuner?

·
Administrator
9,165 Posts
I would look into another tuner with those mods on the machine. Call KBMotorsports or Cuervo racing and perhaps they can load the correct map on to the unit. Thats great that it fired right up!!

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I would look into another tuner with those mods on the machine. Call KBMotorsports or Cuervo racing and perhaps they can load the correct map on to the unit. Thats great that it fired right up!!
Yeah i was very surprised, and it's cold here too.. The tuner is toast, i will install the old exhaust till i can get a tuner installed.. not worth the risk.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Hi. If you decide to keep it and upgrade the tuner contact Dynojet. I was able to mail them my old pc3 and got a discount on the pcv. I believe I ended up getting the pcv for $200 shipped. Just a suggestion. Good luck!

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Unforchantly i had to cut a couple lines to get the PC3 out, not sure why the lines were so tangled.. But yeah i do plan on getting a new tuner in the spring..

1 - 11 of 11 Posts