Raptor Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have searched and can not seem to find what I am looking for,, I am building my 660 up, I have the CP 11:1 piston bored to a 686, stage 2 hot cam with mild porting on the head. I am wanting to replace the timing chain, but have a question
I am reading that since the head now has double valvesprings and a more aggressive cam, I need to run a Heavy duty chain instead of a stock one,, The only one I see is the wiseco chain, Is this a good chain to run, or is there another HD chain I should look into,, I dont want to spend 100$ on a timing chain this thing has cost the fire out of me already.. thanks for any help
Ronnie

·
I am unique
22,621 Posts
I have searched and can not seem to find what I am looking for,, I am building my 660 up, I have the CP 11:1 piston bored to a 686, stage 2 hot cam with mild porting on the head. I am wanting to replace the timing chain, but have a question
I am reading that since the head now has double valvesprings and a more aggressive cam, I need to run a Heavy duty chain instead of a stock one,, The only one I see is the wiseco chain, Is this a good chain to run, or is there another HD chain I should look into,, I dont want to spend 100$ on a timing chain this thing has cost the fire out of me already.. thanks for any help
Ronnie
I have run only stock chains for years without failures........:D

·
Registered
6,002 Posts
I just bought a Wiseco timing chain and installed it a few weeks ago in my 01. I got it out and to my amazement it is just a stock chain in a Wiseco box and you pay a extra $20...

·
I am unique
22,621 Posts
I just bought a Wiseco timing chain and installed it a few weeks ago in my 01. I got it out and to my amazement it is just a stock chain in a Wiseco box and you pay a extra $20...
Wowser............:eek:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts