Raptor Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well i just got a PC3 and a 770 kit done to my bike and get it back. i take it down the street for a couple of runs and it starts and runs fine. im coming down the street and i down shift into 2nd gear and all of a sudden it back fires with a loud bopp noise if you will and the bike dies on me. i found out my battery is dead but i have already charged it. so i thought that was the only thing but now when i try and start it, all there is is the start noise and it keeps on backfiring nonstop. the spark plug is fine, oil id fine, checked all connections just dont know what it could be? can my timing have been thrown off threw this proccess or an electrical problem or something else? could my map on my pc3 got messed up or what? oh ya, the pc3 is for remapping the fuel curve and rpms on the bike right? and one more thing, y are there the low, mid and high buttons on the pc3 for? when are they to be needed to be adjusted? thanks alot for any help.

·
Premium Member
5,119 Posts
I would not mess with it untill you call Jason at RF and tell him what it's doing and he'll give you a list of things to check. It's his build so out of respect for him, let him guide you thru the trouble shooting process. It might be something as simple as needing a new battery or a starter problem. Also the plug can look perfect and still be bad.

Good luck and let us know what you find out.

·
Registered
25 Posts
I think mine is doing the same thing. It turns over just fine but it wont start. It will spin over and pop loud out of the exhaust pipe every few revolutions.

I am thinking its an electrical problem making the timing off, but I dont know?? :3question:

Any body have any ideas on what could be wrong with it??? :help:

Thanks

·
Registered
1,458 Posts
IDAHOBALLER said:
I think mine is doing the same thing. It turns over just fine but it wont start. It will spin over and pop loud out of the exhaust pipe every few revolutions.

I am thinking its an electrical problem making the timing off, but I dont know?? :3question:

Any body have any ideas on what could be wrong with it??? :help:

Thanks
you guys both fouled the plug, i did that 3 times,same thing once in a while it will pop out the pipe(enough to make your ears ring for 5 minutes) then just crank and once in a while try to start, put a new plug in it....should be good :thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,176 Posts
I agree. I would replace the sparkplug before I started freaking out.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Well I changed the plug and im pretty sure that it fixed it.

I still havnt been able to ride it because of the crappy weather, so I dont know for sure how well it actually runs.
But it starts up and runs fine now.

Thanks for the help.

·
Registered
1,458 Posts
IDAHOBALLER said:
Well I changed the plug and im pretty sure that it fixed it.

I still havnt been able to ride it because of the crappy weather, so I dont know for sure how well it actually runs.
But it starts up and runs fine now.

Thanks for the help.
:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
no its not my spark plug. i called jason (rf owner who worked on my bike) and he said when your batter dies you lose your fuel map off your pc3 controller so ya. there going to email my map and thats about it. oh ya a quick random question, when you guys who have the pc3 got it, did it come with caps to cover the 2 ports on the top?

·
Registered
1,458 Posts
roostking said:
no its not my spark plug. i called jason (rf owner who worked on my bike) and he said when your batter dies you lose your fuel map off your pc3 controller so ya. there going to email my map and thats about it. oh ya a quick random question, when you guys who have the pc3 got it, did it come with caps to cover the 2 ports on the top?
nope, wrap it in a yellow and blue makes green bag :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
one sec looze nuts, what does that mean lol?

·
Registered
1,458 Posts
roostking said:
one sec looze nuts, what does that mean lol?
sandwhich baggie, i just say yellow and blue makes green cause not everyone uses it for sandwhiches 8) :thumbsup:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts