Raptor Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
965 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone?  I've tried just about everything to get the bead broke on these damn stock ones. 

I've done the tire/jack/trailer hitch
Special motorcycle tire changing station
Block of wood + truck...

I got pissed off, so I decided to cut the damn tire off, just leaving the bead around the wheel.  I was going to use a drill and try to cut through the bead (my dad and I HAD to do this on my last set of tires on my Foreman.  Even the tire shop couldnt get them off), but the drill bit kept wanting to shave off the bead on the wheel....

Anyone?  If this pisses me off any more, I'll be ordering new wheels and using my stockers for target practice  :3question: :mad:

·
Super Moderator
17,063 Posts
I just buy new wheels, or take them to a buddy with a tire changer. ;)

Have fun, for the grief you've gotten from this it sounds like you're better off paying someone 20 bucks to do it for you and not mar up the rim or destroy the old tires.

·
Registered
965 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yeah...Im going to take them to a tire shop tomorrow morning. I really want to go riding in the afternoon before it rains. If not, then on to the dealership I guess. They probably want $50/ea. just to break the beads... ::) :eek:

·
Registered
689 Posts
That sucks, when i removed my stockers from my stock rims i just stood on the sidewall and just put my weight on one side. Then just worked my way around till the bead was totally broke. I was shocked it came off that easy. That sorta stuff can be so damn irratating. Good luck to ya.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.