Raptor Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, I was wondering if that green goop tire sealant stuff would make the ride rough? I put some in all 4 tires, and now at about 4th gear the raptor shakes like a leaf. any ideas? Each tire has 10 pounds of pressure, and about 8 ounces of goop. What do you think?

·
Registered
2,417 Posts
remove the goop. it makes the tire unbalanced and at higher speed it will shake.
p.s. let a little air out of your tires.
mike

·
Master of the Electron
15,550 Posts
try 4 pounds pressure, outa smooth up a lot

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
took air pressure down to 4 pounds, took some of the shakiness away, still has a lot of shake. Ill pull that goop out and see if it helps.

·
Registered
1,674 Posts
I carry one of those when I trail ride... along with a few screws to plug holes of I get a small puncture.

I carry a couple different sizes of screws in my truck too... never know when you're going to run over a nail and need to plug the hole.

·
Master of the Electron
15,550 Posts
I've used Fix-a-flat a lot... have it in at least 6 of my 26 tires (including paddles) and have never had a problem. Never notice out of balance, even on rear tires. Any body else?

·
Master of the Electron
15,550 Posts

·
Registered
441 Posts
QuadManiac said:
bgmac said:
Why exactly are you guys putting goop/slime in your tires?
Just carry one of these with you
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ATV-...ryZ43983QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem
On one tire, musta run through some cactus spines or something... after putting in 5 or 6 plugs and STILL finding more leaks, i gave up and used the fix-a-flat. Perfect ever since. Also has helped with minor dings in the rim and emergency sealing against the bead. Plug won't do that.
Well I live Pennsylvania, no cactus here man. Just an occasional sharp rock. Sounds like you should probably watch where your going a little bit more if you have that many holes or get yourself some better tires.

·
Master of the Electron
15,550 Posts
Welcome to the SO CAL desert.. sometimes the cacti have 'released' their needles (jumping cactus) and they're just mixed in with the sand... and yes, i've come close to hitting some upright ones when i'm not paying enough attention, lol.

·
Registered
455 Posts
i have never had a problem with SLIME. When i put mine in i had the rear of my bike held up and i started it a nd put it into gear and tapped the gas so the slime would coat the inside and even out and i have no shakes at all and i used a whole bottle on my tire :thumbsup:

·
Registered
2,786 Posts
i haven't used slime on my quad tire, but i have on other stuff. As long as you make an even coating, it won't throw things our of balance. The important thing is to keep the wheel moving so the slime doesn't settle in one spot.

On a side note, I just plugged two slices in my tire. One was 1.5'' and the other was .5''. Put one plug in one and two in the other. I was surprised it worked. Both holes were on the sidewall almost on the tread. Damned sharp rocks.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts