Raptor Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Do I have to grease the axle the tire runs on or anything? I have a small amount of play in my left rear rim but the others are nice and tight. Is that a sign of wear?

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
no, it just has a very small amount of play. I think it will be ok. I was mostly wondering if you had to grease them every once in awhile.

·
Registered
176 Posts
you shouldnt have to lube them. Make sure nothing is worn, if not..maybe tighten your axle nut a tad and hammer down!

·
Registered
1,674 Posts
Yeah, I would definately check that big nut in the center of the wheel. There is a cotter key in there, so pull the key out and get a big ratchet and give it a big heave-ho and see what happens.

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I will be getting new rear tires soon, I am thinking on having my dealer put them on so I will check it when I get it back to see if the play is still there. It looks like the rim is bent. It was like that when I got it so maybe that has something to do with it being loose.

·
Registered
137 Posts
save some money and install them yourself, the same thing happened to me and all it was only the axle nut, just pull the pin, tighten it , then reinsert pin and ride :thumbsup:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts