Raptor Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Gang,

My rear tire is not holding air properly. After a couple of days, it is basically flat. I can pump it up, and it will hold during a ride, but then it will eventually go flat.

I have experience changing motorcycle tires, but I am wondering if these are tubless. The bike has Holeshots on the back that are 11 inches wide.

Any advice? Will my dirtbike tire changer work for ATV tires? Do I need some type of sealant?

Thanks very much,

David

·
Registered
893 Posts
Could be dirt in the bead. Hard cornering wedges dirt in there and they will leak like that. Spray it with soapy water and see if that is where it is leaking. I have a full size bead breaker and struggle to break them down. Break them down and clean the dirt out and you should be good to go. You don't usually have to take the tire completely off the rim to clean it up.

·
GIVE'ER SUM
569 Posts
If all else fails i use tire slime and it works great! It doesnt pull or anything like that and i dont notice the little extra weight when its in the tire

·
Registered
111 Posts
my front does the same thing, weird part about it is i have a bent rim(that holds air in the tire fine) and a straight- undamaged rim that has a slow leak= it's probably dirt in the bead...

·
Registered
2,406 Posts
If all else fails i use tire slime and it works great! It doesnt pull or anything like that and i dont notice the little extra weight when its in the tire
I slime all my tires on my quads.. If ya ride the woods like we do ya need it ..:)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts