Raptor Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,804 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
my dad took my rappy out the other day and when he parked it everything seemed fine. well the next day the right rear tire is flat. we found the hole it is pretty much a pin hole like the size of a needle literaly(sp). i'm curious is it ok to use tire plugs on my tires or do you have to take it off the rim and patch it from the inside? any quick help would be great, thanks!

·
Registered
963 Posts
I have had good luck with just putting super glue in the hole when it is that small.

·
Registered
610 Posts
I've put in plugs from the outside and never had a problem. Just trimmed off the excess so it was below the tread. I don't see the need in putting a straight plug in from the inside. A mushroom (or shoulder) plug is a diffferent story though. I use those gunky/gooey plugs from Walmart.

·
Registered
1,132 Posts
use plugs all the time, lots of burned pallets in the desert and your always catching a nail. Never had a problem with them, plus they are an instant fix.

·
Registered
644 Posts
I run plugs all the time, they are great. Sometimes I plug a tire just for the hell of it!!!!! J/K :lol:

I got a hole in the sidewall of the left front tire the day i got the bike, plugged it, and it held air for one year, on hundreds of hours of hard riding.

I actually ran a plug in one of my street bike tires back when I was on the road, and it stood up to a 150 mph stint for 6-8 minutes. (DONT TRY THIS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)

Whats the worst thats gonna happen, another leak where the old one was????

·
Registered
1,393 Posts
Yup, no problems with using plugs on radial tires. I have been using the gooey ones and they have always held great. Have to change my tires because of wear before a plug ever fails.

·
Registered
41 Posts
USING A PLUG IS JUST FINE, PUT A LITTLE RUBBER CEMENT ON IT AND STICK IT IN. TRIM THE EXCESS

·
Registered
1,804 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
cool...thanks guys. :thumbsup:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts