Raptor Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
448 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got my Razr tire on, and just wondering i should run them as low as the stockers (4psi) or do they need a little more or will they be good if i decided to go that low

I know it depends on you riding, right now they are all 7psi until i take it out and check how i like them

·
Registered
4,986 Posts
I run 4-5 on the trail tires and 2-3 on my paddles! You dont want to much psi because they will puncture more easily.

·
Registered
481 Posts
I run 3-4 in the fronts and 4-5 in the back for trails... Never had a problem.. :)

·
Registered
311 Posts
4 in front.rear as traction dictates i go as low 1psi for very muddy or red clay to 5psi when dont need the traction.

·
Registered
2,046 Posts
I always run a 3 psi

·
Premium Member
1,457 Posts
If he goes lower on the rears can he spin the wheel off the tire and break the bead? If you have beadlocks you wouldn't have a problem breaking the bead with low pressure. I though it should be 3 the lowest and 5 the highest? this was the tire will stay put and he doesnt have to worry about it being to hard and punture the tire.

·
Registered
481 Posts
If he goes lower on the rears can he spin the wheel off the tire and break the bead? If you have beadlocks you wouldn't have a problem breaking the bead with low pressure. I though it should be 3 the lowest and 5 the highest? this was the tire will stay put and he doesnt have to worry about it being to hard and punture the tire.
Yup, Forgot about that, I run beadlocks at 3-4 Psi, I ran 4-5 with stock rims...
That 1 PSI makes a heck of a difference...

·
Premium Member
1,457 Posts
I ran 3psi with my old oem tires and didn't have a problem since they didnt grip much i wasn't gonna spin them off. with my kutters i'm gonna try 4psi but with my bear klaws i have them at 2psi and there still hard but with the snow i wasn't worried about it i guess now that i'll be using them on dirt i'll have to bump them up as well since they grab alot. But my kutters are like the razr2 so you should be fine with 4psi

·
Desert Racer
679 Posts
9 psi in front and 7 psi in the rear for desert racing.:)

·
Cola Crew
1,368 Posts
I think that speed has a lot to do with it ... If I hit a rock at 4psi in the front at say 45 or 55mph it will pinch the tire on the rim but at 7psi its ok

1 - 11 of 11 Posts