Raptor Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
815 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wondering what tire pressure you all are running in your ITP Hd's.....
I just have the rear HD's .... i only do trail riding.... i am running 4 psi in the rear HD's....
The ITP website says to run like 8 or 9 psi .... what do you all think ? ?

Plattner

·
Registered
841 Posts
My gf has HDs on her quad, I wouldnt do 8-9 (wouldnt be that much traction) I run like 3-4 (in my IRzrs also) in muddy conditions it gets much better traction on hers......in the snow i run like 2-3 in both hers and mine

·
Registered
429 Posts
I agree with stunt, I have XCT's that I run on the trail they are 6ply like the hd's. I run 3.5 - 4 in the front and 2.5 - 3 in the rear. When they heat up they are about .5 - 1. lbs more than cold. To much air will be way to bouncy.

·
Registered
689 Posts
I run 5psi on my rear HD. Don't know why but I like to ride with them a little harder. But I would not go over 5 1/2 on them. Also would like to know running such a low psi, does that give more of a chance to bang a rim up since the tire has more room to flex.

·
Registered
66 Posts
I found the most comfort and control with stock pressure:
4.0 fromt
3.5 rear

More pressure made it slide more (front and rear) where I ride. Its mostly hardback with scatterings of tiny rocks.

·
Registered
84 Posts
I put 4 psi in front and 3 psi in the rear. Gives great traction in the mountians of Boone,NC!! Anyone that want's to do some killer riding in Cumberland Gap TN / Middlesboro Ky drop me a line. Have over 60 miles of trails. :thumbsup:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts