Raptor Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey can anyone help me with what tire presure i need to run in a track... second time i go to a track and i wanna make sure i have the right presure... i ussally run 3 or 4 pounds cause i ride trails and mud must of the time... thanks for any help..
Btw i am running stock tires

·
Registered
320 Posts
i been runing about 5lbs im 255 but im sure i need to drop it down to 4 or 3? I hit some mx jumps with 4 and half awhile back felt ok but im sure i should have lowered it some more? can anyone reconmend me what to do? I run about 5 on trails and all around events with a few jumps and on events with mx tracks i had been useing 4 and half thru woods and mx jumps again im 255lbs should i lower my pressure more?

·
Registered
26 Posts
i'm not sure what i would run on stockers, but with razr mx's i run 10 in the rear 8 in the front

·
Registered
91 Posts
I run razr mx's on mine and i run 10psi in the front and 9psi in the rear on indoor tracks. Arenacross tracks(indoor) generally have really tight turns so the extra air keeps the rear tires tight so I can easily kick the rear out for fast cornering. When I run outdoor mx I run 5psi in the rears. This way I get maximum traction on the straights to get my speed up faster for the jumps and the corners arent as tight as arenacross so i don't have to concentrate on them as much. In an arenacross race the turns are 60% of the race. Also. I was running douglas .190s and 5psi. on mx track but i kept flatspotting wheels on big jumps so i had to invest in beadlocks. The stock wheels with the rolled edges should handle the 5psi though.

·
Premium Member
6,553 Posts
I run 10 front and 7 rear in my stockers. When I get my race tires over the winter I will have to play around with pressures again.

·
Registered
320 Posts
Seems like we have people who uses differnt pressures. Im working with stock front tires that are in ok condition and some razor rears that are half decent I been runing 5lbs mostly all around for trails,drags,mx jumping outdoor and fells ok no bounceing when landing jumps. Im not exsperiance with differnt pressures but i will test and tune trail and error.

right now im at 5lbs allway around for trail should i try lowering or riseing the pressure when first testing.
right now im at 5lbs for mx track only interested in jumping the jumps big and not so much raceing
right now im at 5lbs for dirt drag

Again im 255lbs can anyone help on what i should try on each rideing condition?
Also im going to a 1/8mile paved drag thru night to goof off im going to rachet down the front and back. What should I test out my tire pressure at for hard pavement? I can see my self haveing a hard time trying to keep it down.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Cool vid! Strap that suspension down and get it in the 8's. 2.0 60ft is a little off..I rana best of 1.89 on the back wheels tonight with my 660. Strapping is king!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts