Raptor Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
im gonna get some rear tires, what do you guys recommend? i do a lot of trail and dirt road/highway driving, and a little mx track.

·
Registered
187 Posts
Ive never ran TT except on my old yamaha 3wheeler and they were ok but Why not spend 5/more and get a 6ply Razr? Personally i Run Razr2's but they may be to heavy for MX

·
Registered
312 Posts
What are the stock tires as far as strength or puncture resistance??

·
Registered
180 Posts
If you're planning on adding a swingarm skid down the road, you might want to consider stepping up to some 22's...... :thumbsup:

·
Registered
338 Posts
are you looking to gain swingarm clearence?I went with 22" rear razr2's heavier tire great for trails.

·
Registered
180 Posts
'Zactly. My gytr skid hangs pretty low. I'm going to step up to 22's instead of going up on the front sprocket.....

·
Registered
138 Posts
I'll stand by my i-Razr's for everything :metal:
but I'd be replacing them way too often if I rode on the highway too much!
as far as other recommendations...
+1 on the Turf Tamers, you can cut off a few knobs to make them better for trails
+1 on the Razr/Holeshot, great spacing for all around bite
Often overlooked are GBC Shredders, I think they've been renamed to Groundbusters. 4 or 6ply available. Very tightly spaced x-knobs for hard pack surface, they slide awesome. Decent on trails, but the tread does not clean out easily.
also, you should look into Fasttrekkers, I don't remember who makes them though
and these may be hard to find, but Pure Sport Bandits would be great for everything you described
AMS has a new tire that's similar to the Shredders
BKT has something similar to the Razr/Holeshot
Duro has something similar to the i-Razr

·
Registered
135 Posts
I'd go Razr 2 :thumbsup:

·
Registered
174 Posts
If you can find a Duro tire that fits your rim, that might be your best bet for highway driving. Those tires’s last forever compared to itp/maxxis.Otherwise maxxis razr at $54 a tire might be cheaper alternative then some of the higher priced tires.

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
Raptor0731 said:
What are the stock tires as far as strength or puncture resistance??
THEY SUCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Trust me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts