Raptor Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm heavily debating 22/23" Razr2's for the Rappy.

I'm hoping someone can post a picture of their 22" rears with possibly a stock 20" laying next to it.

I would like to see how much taller it really is, and if I should go this route.

If anyone has a 22" rear with a 9" wide rim, please post a picture. I'm wondering how inset the rim looks. I don't really want to get 10" rims if I don't have to.

Suggestions/comments are welcome.

Thanks in advance.
Tim

p.s. I've searched and looked, but no one has their pictures labled with tire sizes. Thanks.

·
Registered
4,785 Posts
Hers is the best I can do.

Pictures of mine with ITP XCT's 22's back and 23's front on stock wheels.
I didnt care for this set-up my self.

Now with ITP XCR's 20's in back and 21's in front on Baja's

·
Registered
4,080 Posts
22x9 Razor-2's Gearing is pretty tall! I had 15t front and am going to 13t!

Attachments

·
Registered
227 Posts
I have been seriously considering going to 22's for the ground clearance. Am I going to kick myself for the loss of power and taller gears or should I be good to go with the big 3 (Barkers)?

Thanks,

·
Registered
4,785 Posts
Broken Arrow said:
I have been seriously considering going to 22's for the ground clearance. Am I going to kick myself for the loss of power and taller gears or should I be good to go with the big 3 (Barkers)?

Thanks,
Gearing wise with the big 3 you should like it better. It would be the same as putting a 15 tooth and running 20's which alot of us have done. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
4,080 Posts
I'm running the big 3 (Trinity) and still can't get it to wind up in 5th gear with a 14t front. 83.4MPH (GPS) in the low rpm's of 5th gear on pavement but nowhere close to winding up. I'd rather have the low end with a 13t front and top out on RPM's in 5th.

·
Registered
4,080 Posts
Broken Arrow said:

Thanks,
Either way, go with the big 3! You'll NEVER regret it!!

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thank you all that replied. I wish the razr2's came in the 21" version. That would be the cats meow for me! I just don't know if I want to do the 22"s or stick with the 20"s.

Thoughts on the 21" gncc's versus the 22" razr2's out there?

Bberck...why did you not like the 22/23 combo? Too tall of gearing or too tippy..??

What if you had more power than the big 3 mods provide? Do you think it wouldn't be a power problem if that's what you experienced?

Thanks all.
Tim

·
Registered
4,785 Posts
BLACKSTI said:
Thank you all that replied. I wish the razr2's came in the 21" version. That would be the cats meow for me! I just don't know if I want to do the 22"s or stick with the 20"s.

Thoughts on the 21" gncc's versus the 22" razr2's out there?

Bberck...why did you not like the 22/23 combo? Too tall of gearing or too tippy..??

What if you had more power than the big 3 mods provide? Do you think it wouldn't be a power problem if that's what you experienced?

Thanks all.
Tim
I didnt care for the handling or the looks of the 22/23 combo. Im much happier with what I got now (20/21)but its all personal preference. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
I'm not a huge fan of the looks of the 22/23 combo, but I'm getting a set of RAZR IIs in these sizes. I flat out need the ground clearance. I beat the snot out of my swingarm skid on my last ride :eek: .

Shawn

·
Registered
4,080 Posts
I didn't notice any problems with tippiness (is that a word?), I'm over 48" wide though. You'll only really notice the power issue if you're balls out in 5th or maybe on some major hills. I think you'll be happy.

·
Registered
2,480 Posts
I'm curious what size tires and rims the GNCC guys are running ?? :3question: Anyone know ?? :3question:

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
SULLY0556 said:
I didn't notice any problems with tippiness (is that a word?), I'm over 48" wide though. You'll only really notice the power issue if you're balls out in 5th or maybe on some major hills. I think you'll be happy.
What are you running to widen out your stance? A-arms and axle? What offset are you running front/back?

·
Registered
4,080 Posts
1 - 16 of 16 Posts