Raptor Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
somone wana make a sticky on tires and what will and will not fit on stock 660's including paddles just sizes dont get all technical with brands or anything just would like to know what works without loosing fenders or heel guards or anything

·
Modding Maniac
3,052 Posts
somone wana make a sticky on tires and what will and will not fit on stock 660's including paddles just sizes dont get all technical with brands or anything just would like to know what works without loosing fenders or heel guards or anything
The search feature at the top could answer a lot of your questions your looking to fulfill

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
the only thing i find when i search is ppl asking if a certain tire fits i want to know what the max sizes are for a stock bike so i can go off that

·
I am unique
22,619 Posts
I run a 21 inch flat track tire with a -3 swinger, so you can go as high as 25 inches with a stock swinger..................

·
Registered
383 Posts
tire brand has ALOT to do with it. from my understanding some 20" tires brand new will measure the same or larger than some 21 or even 22" tires... so you also need to figure out which tires read tall or before tread and which are total height...

·
Registered
228 Posts
the only thing i find when i search is ppl asking if a certain tire fits i want to know what the max sizes are for a stock bike so i can go off that
Max sizes, hard to define.... max sizes on stock setup? standard rims/modified rims too? There are pro's and cons. Standard is 20" on the rear, 21" on the front I believe.

You can go higher no problems but more stress on clutch, low end suffers, faster top end, higher center of gravity so cornering will probably suffer as you go up. i don't think I've really read about bigger than 22" back and 23" front.

Why go that big in the first place? If you want something for mud bogging and things don't use a rappy, go 4WD to start with.

·
I am unique
22,619 Posts
Max sizes, hard to define.... max sizes on stock setup? standard rims/modified rims too? There are pro's and cons. Standard is 20" on the rear, 21" on the front I believe.

You can go higher no problems but more stress on clutch, low end suffers, faster top end, higher center of gravity so cornering will probably suffer as you go up. i don't think I've really read about bigger than 22" back and 23" front.

Why go that big in the first place? If you want something for mud bogging and things don't use a rappy, go 4WD to start with.
Have you ever mud bogged with a 4WD and a Raptor, the Raptor set up for mud bogging is a blast, a 4WD, is just driving through the mud.........

·
Registered
383 Posts
I've mudded my truck in 2wd with swampers and it was blast. 4wd is fun but with mud tires like swampers you get alot of traction so don't slide around as much imo. 2wd you're all over the place even with good tires if you have the power to spin them. and I don't see the raptor having a lack of power lol

·
I am unique
22,619 Posts
My son and I used to do this some 8 to 10 years ago, we had a blast going through the swamps with our 2WD bikes...............

·
Registered
228 Posts
Have you ever mud bogged with a 4WD and a Raptor, the Raptor set up for mud bogging is a blast, a 4WD, is just driving through the mud.........
Live over in Ireland and we quad out on the bogs so technically oh hell yeah! there is a fine balance of stuff you'll get stuck in and stuff you'll have a good laugh getting through, covering yourself in mud and most important of all.... covering everyone else :)

Been plenty of times though when we've gotten stuck, hopped off and you're up to your thigh in mud. No fun trying to wrestle the thing out of that!

Sureface stuff, a few inches, maybe a foot/foot and a half... raptor is an absolute howl. You won't be able to wipe the smile off you face, and the rooster tail of mud!!! anything more your in 4WD territory

·
Registered
383 Posts
4wd helps. but when it's setup for the type of terrain you ride in you don't even need to use it...

like I said, I HAVE 4wd but would rather not use it... I actually don't have these tires/rims on anymore as it was too much cop attention. but I will get boggers later if I decide to mud the truck hard. and a little more lift maybe like 10 more inches LOL bigger tires.. we'll see. I have the raptor I want to setup for mud now. if you blindly dive into swamps not knowing how deep they are you're lucky if all you get is stuck imo

1 - 13 of 13 Posts