Raptor Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, before ne one starts saying use the search function..I already have. But thanks for the advice :thumbsup: I need to get some wheels n tires for my raptor 660. I've already replaced one stock rim because I bent it. So I would like to get some rims that's not to heavy but will stronger than stock?

I've read all the reviews and it seems most people likes the ITP Holeshots or Maxxis. I ride mostly trail and on the street alot. This is were my question comes in which would be the best tires for this riding, I know the two or both good for trails but which one would not ware out as fast riding on pavement. I ask this because everything i've heard and been told is that street riding wears out the tires faster than jus trail riding is this true?

Thanks in advance for all the help..

·
Registered
1,568 Posts
Ya, holeshots or maxxis! But, for the rims..the stock rims are very good..The only thing stronger is the beadlocks...The itp pro-gp are about the same thing as stock rims. You can get stock rim replacements from jason from the rocket factory (if he still has any for like $35 a piece) anything comparible thats aftermarket is about $75 a rim. If money isn't a issue go with the hiper beadlocks, there a little over $700 bucks last time I looked, and IMO the best.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
rt said:
Ya, holeshots or maxxis! But, for the rims..the stock rims are very good..The only thing stronger is the beadlocks...The itp pro-gp are about the same thing as stock rims. You can get stock rim replacements from jason from the rocket factory (if he still has any for like $35 a piece) anything comparible thats aftermarket is about $75 a rim. If money isn't a issue go with the hiper beadlocks, there a little over $700 bucks last time I looked, and IMO the best.
Thanks for the info. Money is always an issue ;). I will price some tires for factory rims front & back. I would like to get new ones because I wanted to go with a black rim but the less I spend on tires the more I can spend on other stuff.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Kenda Klaw or Knarly. Work just as good or better, and cheaper and usually weigh less.

·
Registered
735 Posts
I love my Klaws, I have em on ITP t9gp - rims kinda suck, I have bent the hell out of them, dont get me wrong, a few whacks with a hammer and Im back to riding. I like the stocks, but I prefer the 10inch rim. I will be upgrading to rims with reenforcemnt rings (ITP has em - but I will weld them in myself instead of rolled in)

Klaw tires are awsome for trails in hard, mud, and snow. They can be used for MX too.

·
Registered
733 Posts
I've got Razr 2's and I ride trails and street a lot and dont seem to wear down a lot.

·
Registered
1,568 Posts
Dan660R said:
Kenda Klaw or Knarly. Work just as good or better, and cheaper and usually weigh less.
I forgot about the kendas...I haven't actually had a set like I had the razor's and holeshots, but I hear there real good tires as well.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks for all the input. I think I got it, what you think?

Kenda Klaw XC 21x7x10 - 2005 Yamaha RAPTOR 660 (Front) Part# K5260
Kenda Klaw XC 20x11x9 - 2005 Yamaha RAPTOR 660 (Rear) Part# K5200

I chose these becauese I was looking for something thats not to expensive and wont wear to fast, I do trail riding nothing heavy and street riding around the n'hood.

From rockymoutainatv.com

Also looking at getting this decal set not quite sure if I want to pay 100 bucks for it:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ih=010&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWA%3AIT&viewitem=&item=200012087190&rd=1,1

Also looking for a Dr. D Reverse Lever.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts