Raptor Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
596 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
just a quick question. i remember readin somewhere in here about swapin tires for better traction. My question is does the tread wear down faster or will it mess up the bike if you ride it that way for a period of time. thanks fellas

·
Registered
596 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
cool........im in the market for some new rubber just dont know what i want yet. swappin them around for a little will help me out till i decide

·
Registered
412 Posts
I'm assuming your talking about reversing the tread direction on the stock rears???

·
Registered
1,678 Posts
RLJ3RD said:
I'm assuming your talking about reversing the tread direction on the stock rears???
Ya. It makes a pretty big difference cause the stock tires are garbage but once you swap them they are quite a bit better. Im talking about rear of course. ;)

·
Registered
1,678 Posts
Markcuda said:
So, you are saying if I put the wheels and tires on opposit sides, I will get "better" traction? :3question:
You take your rear tires and make it so the tread is going backwards. They get better traction that way since our stock tires are junk.

·
Registered
596 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Im gonna do it this weekend mark. Ill let you know how it is

·
Registered
596 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
yes i did it a couple weeks ago....def feel a difference

·
Registered
237 Posts
Junk tires? Both me and my buddy that rode my new as of yesterday 700 were impressed with the grip, honestly Id like a little less. Maybe its because im a 2 stroke guy lol

·
Registered
1,678 Posts
SS396ChevelleSS said:
Junk tires? Both me and my buddy that rode my new as of yesterday 700 were impressed with the grip, honestly Id like a little less. Maybe its because im a 2 stroke guy lol
:eek:

I guess its all preference then. These are the worst tires I have ever seen from a factory quad. I have ridden 20+ in my time and none even come close to these in horribleness ( new word?). :grin_nod:

·
Registered
815 Posts
See I only trail ride - I have the HD's on my bike now - BUT i liked the factory tires ALOT - For regular trail riding, like climbing hills, they spin just enough to keep you from flipping, but also grab enough to take you in the hill.... I agree the factory tires are WEAK -but they are only 2ply... ha ha... and they dont do real great in mud - but if you turn them around backwards then they do ok in mud.. .and they are Lite... so i kinda like themm... I am pretty sure these are the reasons that Veloci is saying buy the YFZ tires... they are a little better quality then the factory raptor tires... and they hook up better...

Plattner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.